No Excuses - what is yours?

The theme on Biggest Loser this season is "No Excuses". Some of their "excuses" are obstacles that they can't or won't confront and defeat. Sometimes this can be because a person doesn't see other options or doesn't feel supported enough to make a change - such as not enough time, lack of family support (ie, others eating the forbidden fruit in front of them 24/7), etc.

So, what is YOUR biggest obstacle to losing weight? Is this really just an excuse?

And, what suggestions do you have for others facing these obstacles/excuses?

I will post mine separately in a bit.

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    I think that my biggest obstacle is having fibromyalsia, migraines and a very painful left knee. I think it makes things difficult to say the least. The fibromyalisa can make every part of me hurt so bad at times. It makes me have to walk a fine line with exercise. I need it to feel better and lose weight but if I over do it I have a bad flare up. The migraines exhaust me which can lead to bad food choices. The knee issue bothers me because as I try to step up the exercise the knee hurts worse and worse and is keeping me up at night from pain. I think it is all a true obstacle but I refuse to make it my excuse. I may have to modify some exercises, maybe listen to my body more, and be expecially careful with logging calories but it does not mean I can not do this. I can and I will make this journey. In the long run, my body will thank me for it.