On a mission to loose my first 100lbs

Options
So far i have lost 35lbs! i almost half way there! i really need some support and motivation and tips! I wanna do this!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on losing 35 lbs thats a great start. My advice is to break it down into baby steps. When I first started 100lbs seemed impossible to me I just concentrated on 10 lbs at a time and for every 10 lbs bought myself a pair of earrings. Now I have lost 95 lbs, 100 lbs doesnt seem impossible anymore I know I will get there. Just dont give up, the reason people dont make their goals is they give up before getting there, if you have a set back just put it behind you and move on. If you have any questions or just need support you can friend me. Good luck you will get there, just one day at a time
  • Tracer150
    Options
    35 lbs is wonderful. And what a positive attitude of almost half way there. The glass half full is always better than half empty. My first weigh - in will be in the morn. to start my journey of 120 lbs. Looking forward to a journey together.
  • Tracer150
    Options
    @ themommie, I love the idea of a reward at every 10 lbs or so. I have an idea that I will share with the hubby. I have wanted a bracelet with the beads that you can add on for special occasions. He could pick them out for a surprise to add every 10lbs and I would have a great centimental piece of jewelry from him at the end of my goal.
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I so need to have a plan of rewards. I have lost almost 20 pounds and have done nothing special for myself. I think maybe once I hit 37 pounds down (I will then be at 199), I will do something...not sure what yet. I don't want to spend money on anything, though. Maybe I will reward myself with a day of scrapbooking...a whole day! Hmmm...gotta think of something. Honestly, I am just enjoying losing the weight though am worried this week I won't lose any as I got on the scale yesterday morning (after I ate a bit) and was up a little. It really bummed me out, but also motivated me to be better today. I usually only weigh on Mondays so not sure what made me do it, but i am glad and sad I did!

I guess since I have 106 pounds to lose, every 10 seems extreme to me. That's why maybe after 37 for one reward, 50 for the second, 75 for the third, and then maybe each 10 after that since I know the further down you get the harder it is.
  • BeautifulButFat
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Well i have been fighting the last yr to loose! I havent gave uup i always make sure i dont over eat and when temptation is getting to me normaly all i have to do is read the calories and i instantly change my mind! :) . you ladies are doing great! please feel free t obuddy my i love to do this together!