Bitting at paws

Options
jyow01
jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
I was wondering if anyone else has a boxer that bites at their paws. Also, some times her chest will have a red tinge to it. The vet thinks food or environmental allergies so I give her one benadryl a day. I was just wanting to know if anyone else has this same problem.

Replies

• p0stdramatic
    Options
    My older boy bites at his paws. My girl, Moka, has pretty bad allergies and usually has problems with her muzzle getting flaky and red after a bath. She is the hardest dog I've ever had to give medication to. We literally have to shove it down her throat. She will not eat it in food, water, and half the time she manages to puke it back up if we do get it down her. Such a pain in the butt. :happy:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My male Boxer goes through phases where he licks at his paws. My beagle has HORRIBLE skin allergies and chews his paws and tail until they are totally raw and bleeding. We have tried every kind of medication, cream and spray under the sun and nothing seems to help. it happens during the summer and winter. Anyway, my other dogs respond well to prednisone but my beagle becomes somewhat suicidal on that stuff. My older female boxer gets a rash every so often on her tummy where her skin flaps rub together. After she got fixed she developed extra flabby skin on her tummy. I guess she needs a tummy tuck! LOL!!! My little one is the only one so far with no skin issues. But she's only about 12 weeks old.
  • jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information seems that the benadryl helps so I will just keep her on this and see if anything makes it worse.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Apollo has to take pain meds for his hips at least once a week and I have found that if I put it in the middle of a hotdog no problems because he LOVES them. Also deer is a favorite and I can get him to take ANYTHING with it. Apollo put his life on the line for these two types of foods!!!! If I just put it in food does not work. He licks his paws if his nails get to long or gets an ingrown nail but that is about it. :0)