What are your Walking Dead viewing habits?

Options
joelabro
joelabro Posts: 138 Member
So what else do you do while watching TWD? Do you treat it like a special event? Any special snacks you treat yourself to?

Every Sunday night a friend and I go to the local Alamo Drafthouse to watch it. It's a full size movie theater that serves you food at your seat. Best part is its free admission, but they are probably hoping you'll buy something to eat. I get three fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and an iced coffee with chocolate flavoring. Can't think of watching it in any better way.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    At home, about 20 minutes after start time so our DVR can fast forward through all the commercials. By the time the show ends, we've pretty much caught up. We don't eat anything special. It's Sunday night, and Monday is leering its angry face at us. I wish this show came on Saturday or Friday night, instead. I'm at least glad it starts at 9pm now. I used to wait for Mondays to watch because staying up until 11pm is rough for me.
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To special snacks or anthing. I too DVR that show and every show. I hate commecials. I watched the first 1.5 seasons straight. Had a marathon and love it! I'm having a hard time ONLY watching 45mons a week.

The first episode was pretty borring but the second was a lot better. I hope they don't kill anyone else off as I like all the characters. I wonder if Shane is going to completely lose it this season, more than he already has. That dude is a lose cannon for sure. But I love the drama he brings to the show. Definately the most interesting. He should hook up with the blond again for sure and forget about the brunette. Can't remember their names right now.

I love this show :)
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I go to the theatre too! My sister and I (and sometimes a couple of our friends) go every Sunday night. I don't normally buy popcorn or drinks because it's sooo expensive, but I bring my own candy most of the time, either SweeTarts or Blow Pops. Later in the week I usually watch the episode again just to refresh and think more about the show.
  • joelabro
    Options
    I go to the theatre too! My sister and I (and sometimes a couple of our friends) go every Sunday night. I don't normally buy popcorn or drinks because it's sooo expensive, but I bring my own candy most of the time, either SweeTarts or Blow Pops. Later in the week I usually watch the episode again just to refresh and think more about the show.

I would have guessed you sneak in in Red Hots! What kind of theater is it? So great to watch it on the big screen. And I do the same thing with a second watch later in the week.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Sundays are my favorite day because The Walking Dead is on! I usually stay vegged out on the couch and my family knows not to disturb me. I can't get enough and I always watch the encore followed by The Talking Dead. I am so obsessed!! Can't help it- its an awesome show and it certainly doesn't hurt that Norman Reedus is so freaking hot!! I love me some Daryl Dixon!!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday, I watched with few of my MFP pals. it was fun to watch it together and chat about it live.
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Brooding Daryl too. Hope he gets some more face time!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I reclaim my living room from the kids/teenagers in the family on Sunday evenings. On occasion, I've had popcorn or other snacks, but usually just curl up with my cat and spouse and watch.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I go back to my room where we currently have our nice TV due to construction...and I curl up with the lights off. As I'm sitting here typing this, a WD comercial comes on...LOL!
    Any who....
    I usually have my bowl of popcorn and drink.
    This is the one time I get to be alone (no boyfriend or kids).
    Love, love, love this show and Daryle. He's my dream boyfriend. LOL!:blushing:
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are addicts lol. First though, we watch Once Upon A Time at 8 PM, while one of us is giving our son his last bottle for the night. I put the baby down for bed right before TWD starts, and he goes out to get us our viewing snacks. I usually get a warm baked chocolate chip cookie from the Wawa down the street (if anyone lives in the Northeast area near Philadelphia you will know what Wawa is, otherwise everyone is probably going WTF is a Wawa?? haha), and have a glass of milk, and he usually gets beef jerky and a cherry coke. We put the show on DVR so we too can fast forward through commercials. I'm already looking forward to this Sunday just thinking about it haha!
  • joelabro
    Options
    My fiance and I are addicts lol. First though, we watch Once Upon A Time at 8 PM, while one of us is giving our son his last bottle for the night. I put the baby down for bed right before TWD starts, and he goes out to get us our viewing snacks. I usually get a warm baked chocolate chip cookie from the Wawa down the street (if anyone lives in the Northeast area near Philadelphia you will know what Wawa is, otherwise everyone is probably going WTF is a Wawa?? haha), and have a glass of milk, and he usually gets beef jerky and a cherry coke. We put the show on DVR so we too can fast forward through commercials. I'm already looking forward to this Sunday just thinking about it haha!

That's great, spent plenty of time in Jersey so I know Wawa. I get the warm cookies too (see my first post) but three of them. I also couldn't resist that jerky either.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I make popcorn and my and the hubby get under a blanket have some popcorn and watch it :)
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband dropped out of his darts league this season so we could watch it together - he works nights so we usually only have Sunday night together. DVR, hot pretzels, and cocktails for us.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm usually at the gym when it airs, so I watch it online later that night. Putlocker is a lifesaver!