PGX Daily

Options
HardyGirl4Ever
HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
I have a question. I've searched on line, and I can't seem to find an answer. I was wondering if any of you guys could please help me. I just bought PGX Daily Pre-Meal Protein Drink Mix. I thought it would be a simple thing I could take in addition to my daily calorie allotment. But then I noticed that there are many calories in a serving. Do you think I would have to count this into my daily calories, or have them in addition and still lose weight? Thanks!!

Replies

• Cnsa143
    Options
    It is counted in your daily calorie intake.....those drinks are made to build up muscle mass
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As someone who doesn't like breakfast (I'm never hungry until 10:00, even though my day starts at 6:30 am) I've considered a protein shake such as PGX. Have either of you (or anyone else) tried any other brands, and is there one you would suggest to start with?

Thanks!
    Chel

12187162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gatorpdx
    Options
    Also looking for a protein supplement. I'm finding it difficult to maintain enough protein consumption while staying under my daily calorie goal. I see this product called Syntha6 getting good reviews (comes in different flavors). It's 200 calories per serving (with 22g protein). Was going to swing by the store after work and check it out... it does seem a little high on the calories though... there may be some whey protein options that have a better protein to calorie ratio but I'm kinda of in the dark about these things right now.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Sorry, I was trying to reply direct. Thank you for the information about it having to count in my calories for the day. As for protein shakes, right now my trainer has me using whey protein powder mixed with gatorade powder for my after work out meal. And I make smoothies with whey protein powder for breakfast on days I work out with my trainer. I get recipes from Rocco DiSpirito's Now Eat This Diet book.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    The PGX powder is 10 g of protein and 60 calories per serving, 2 times daily.
  • Honey219
    Options
    Non fat greek yogurt is an amazing way to add protein without adding to your calorie count. Not exactly protein shakes buuut can be used in smoothies or as a condiment/dip.
  • gatorpdx
    Options
    Ohhhh good ideas. Ugh, I wished I liked yogurt more though :(
    Gonna have to do some side by side comparisons and check out that PGX powder too. Thanks
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk after workouts. It has 150 calories with 16g of protein. It tastes really good although the chocalte is better than the vanillia.
  • gatorpdx
    Options
    Based on recommendation from a work buddy I went with Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. It's 120 calories per scoop with 24g protein. Looking online it has a lot of positive reviews. I got the double-chocolate flavor. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to odd tasting foods. I can take this okay mixed in water.. I wouldn't call it delicious though. I hear it tastes much better mixed in skim milk... but I'll probably stick with water for now. I think it's more geared as a supplement (and not recommended as a meal replacement).

Here's the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Those are all great ideas. Thanks everyone!
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Based on recommendation from a work buddy I went with Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. It's 120 calories per scoop with 24g protein. Looking online it has a lot of positive reviews. I got the double-chocolate flavor. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to odd tasting foods. I can take this okay mixed in water.. I wouldn't call it delicious though. I hear it tastes much better mixed in skim milk... but I'll probably stick with water for now. I think it's more geared as a supplement (and not recommended as a meal replacement).

Here's the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI

Thanks for sharing!