Weight loss and skin flab

Options
vass78
vass78 Posts: 29 Member
I gained about 60 pounds when I was pregnant - most of it along my belly - I got HUGE. Now my stomach has all this extra skin (and fat) that I would like to lose. I have started slowly and still have about 17 pounds to go but I still have all this skin around my belly. I have seen people's before and after pictures (after losing 80, 90 and even 100 lbs) and I don't see any skin flab anywhere. How do you get tight skin after such weight loss? Now I am confused and am wondering if my 'skin' is really just fat. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• dsb76
    dsb76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think this varies a lot person to person. I had twins 3.5 months ago and I'm down number-wise to my prepreg weight but my belly is still a little bigger and I have loose skin. I've read that the skin will slowly shrink but it may take years or never completely get tight. Right now if I am standing up the extra skin doesn't look too bad but it is a crinkly mess if I am laying down on my back.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've seen this topic addressed before in the posts and some poeple swear it will tighten up with time (and patience) and some people swear by a tummy tuck. I would like to believe it will tighten back up and flatten out- since that is my problem after 2 C sections in 3 years :(