Graphic Novels / Superhero junkie

Options
maxmariesfo
maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
I started replying to Emma in the Vampire topic about graphic novels. I love it when they make them into films. Superheroes tend to be my favorite. I can barely wait for The Avengers to come out in May. Joss Whedon at the helm, YEAH!!

I didn't care for the Captain America film, but I loved Chris Evans in the part. I didn't care for the Thor movie, but I loved Chris Hemsworth in the part. I can't believe they are already doing a reboot of Spiderman. Why can't anyone make a good Hulk film?

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Edward Norton AND Tim Roth shirtless in one movie?? The Hulk was awesome :happy:
    A friend of mine was dating Captain America, well the guy who did all the motorbike stunts anyway, this is as close to fame as I will ever get.
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    Maybe she can get him to sign my helmet, if I don't bump in to Evans any time soon... Yes, I am a nerd. I have a Captain America helmet.

I don't care for Norton. I did really like the Illusionist. But aside of that, he talks through his nose and it bothers me. I loved Eric Bana as the Hulk - but the script was awful.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I actually liked the Captain America movie, but did not care for Thor, though I did love the actor as Thor. I actually refused to see Hulk as my son who is really the superhero junkie of the family hated it. I too can't wait for the Avengers and I love all the X-Men movies.

And that is so awesome that you have a Captain America helmet!
  • maxmariesfo
    Options
    I can't even begin to say how much I loved X-Men First Class. They didn't expect it to be the hit that it was. So now they're talking sequel. The may also be doing another Wolverine.

How about Batman? Who is your fave? Keaton? Kilmer? Clooney? or Bale?
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to say how much I loved X-Men First Class. They didn't expect it to be the hit that it was. So now they're talking sequel. The may also be doing another Wolverine.

How about Batman? Who is your fave? Keaton? Kilmer? Clooney? or Bale?

I would LOVE another Wolverine and another X-Men. I have a crush on Wolverine. No lie! I went around last year at Dragoncon and took pictures of all the Wolverines I could find. LOL!

Favorite Batman is Bale. He is dark enough, broody (made up that word I think) enough, and sexy enough!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Oooh... I'm a big super hero nerd. I even gave a presentation on the psychology of Marvel/DC mythology when I was in college.

I wasn't crazy about Captain America or Thor (although I appreciated some of the humor in Thor). X-Men First Class was a pleasant surprise though.

Keaton knocked my socks off when I was a kid - but Bale rocks Bruce Wayne like a hurricane. Not that my opinion matters since I was also the little girl with a huge crush on Howard the Duck.

I'm a little weirded out by the Spiderman reboot. It feels too soon to me too.