Starting out soon

Options
So, I have the discs sitting here. I just have not gotten started.

I want to know the pros and cons of Turbo Fire.

I had tried P90 this time last year, and then my sciatic nerve started acting up again. So, I quit. I have been actively run/walking for about 8 weeks now, but I have not committed to an actual diet or program.

I know that results happen with the Beach Body programs, my brother in law has done an amazing jog the past year and a half with P90x, Insanity, and now P90x 2. I just need the motivation, and mostly I need people to help hold me accountable.

I guess my next step is choosing which day I start this new journey!!

Replies

• jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    sTART TODAY!!!! Just push play as soon as possible. I got my DVD"s this same time last week, and even though the schedule doesn't start till Monday (technically). I used saturday and sunday to play some of the dvd's and try to catch on to the moves, with no pressure. Then on Monday I kicked in full gear following the schedule. Its really fun!!! I have only been doing it for a week, but it is what i look foward to most out of my day (besides waking up to my wonderful family). Just jump right on in. This support group has been great as well. So keep logging in and posting. We will ALL hold each other accountable. Also, view some of the videos on youtube. They really help inspire.
  • sandymck413
    sandymck413 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree you should start soon but I suggest that to do the new to class and follow the schedule she has (class schedule) which will help you to get use to the moves. Once you start you will love it because she motivating and the music will get you going, so just get start you will like it and your going to see the transfermation also. :happy:
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I agree you should start soon but I suggest that to do the new to class and follow the schedule she has (class schedule) which will help you to get use to the moves. Once you start you will love it because she motivating and the music will get you going, so just get start you will like it and your going to see the transfermation also. :happy:

I ddn't do new to class since I've been doing Turbo Jam for years :S But I definitely recommend following her schedule!
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do not know of the cons of Turbo Fire. I love the program and I have done it consistently for the last 5 weeks. I have never been able to stick to a program before in the past. Combining TF with MFP I have seen great results. I have lost 2 lbs every week and that is huge progress for me. As far as diet programs I have tried Weight Watchers and even Ideal Protein and I was not successful. Turbo Fire works just like any program, you just need to stay committed to exercising and eating right. Just press play!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I do not know of the cons of Turbo Fire. I love the program and I have done it consistently for the last 5 weeks. I have never been able to stick to a program before in the past. Combining TF with MFP I have seen great results. I have lost 2 lbs every week and that is huge progress for me. As far as diet programs I have tried Weight Watchers and even Ideal Protein and I was not successful. Turbo Fire works just like any program, you just need to stay committed to exercising and eating right. Just press play!

^^^^ This. Just push play, as long as you commit to doing that, you'll do great! If it's a little too hard, follow Allie who does the modified moves. If you focus on keeping your form right, you should stay fit and not get injured.

I was a little scared at first, so I popped in the first DVD and just sat and watched it to see what it was like. Next thing I knew I was so enthralled I was half doing the moves sitting on the couch! You can't help but join in, it's addicting and tons of fun!