Farewell Winter Running

Options
Kasya007
Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
As March soon approaches, let's take the time to remember how amazing this past winter running season was. We journeyed out in sub zero temperatures, we pushed ourselves beyond our limits, we took in the beauty of the run & our surroundings, we did some much needed reflection, and we even stopped to to wipe our eyes before our lashes froze together. Hah!

As for myself, I feel like saying, "Please don't go, winter. I'll miss running in you." (Those cold climate runners will know exactly what I mean.) :smile:

Here are a couple of shots from today's 11km, that I just had to stop & admire. Does anyone else have shots of their favourite winter runs? Feel free to share anything & everything about this past season.

(Note: I won't however miss wet shoes or cars that spray slush as they pass. Who would? LOL.) :laugh:

**Edit - Right click view image to view the full landscape. I neglected to re-size. Pardon that.

404950_10150560062255672_509340671_9405169_1742939272_n.jpg

407223_10150560060655672_509340671_9405163_1593827026_n.jpg

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Hey, we still have snow in May, why don't you come here?
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    On my way! :smile:
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures. We've actually had a mild winter (normally 100+ inches). I've had a few runs though where I've had to run in a couple inches of snow on my long runs and I won't miss those, but I certainly will miss the colder temps and quietness you get after a snowfall.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Winter evening trail race in the snow, in Army test tracks for tanks. That aside, and.. well, even that as well. Winter running is just running in the dark and cold, but that run was special
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics!
    We have really had an oddly mild snow-free winter here in NS. We haven't had to shovel once, and everytime it gives a storm we end up with rain. I have run with capris a few times!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I live in the Southeastern United States...and we never know what winter will bring. I have only had to drag out my heavy duty winter running gear 3 times this winter....we have had a mild winter...been kind of odd. The thing I like about winter and milder temps is I can run any time of the day...once spring and summer get here it is either early morning or late evening.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics!

I too live in the Southeast and this winter has been relatively mild compared to the last few... in fact, I've been a bit disappointed as the lowest temp I've had to endure was 25 degrees! Haha... My 15 miler on Friday was in 67 degree humidity. It was at that point I realized that while we may get one, maybe two more cold snaps, I think spring is well on its way. I will miss it.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    we have had a very mild winter in Toronto. Usually right now we would have about 2 feet of snow, but its been clear and mild all feb. What a great winter! (I hate the cold and snow). So I've been able to go out for runs quite a bit!

its been great!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Winter in Jersey was not bad at all! Lowest temps I ran in was 32 degrees! :love: