AmberCHM
AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
Let's get to know each other!

Replies

• L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Glad you made the group for March. I've actually started today and loved it. I'm really excited about this DVD. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now. Here's some info about me.

My name is Lisa. I'm 25 and really took mfp seriously August of 2011. So far I've lost 21 pounds and am 3 pounds away from my goal. I'm more focused on inch loss though and know how well 30 day shred helps with that. I haven't been as good as I was when I first started but am looking to change that. I'm getting married in May and would love to look my best.

I was so excited for the group you can actually delete my other post I made. I made it without waiting for the intro post, lol.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    YAY! I was just feeling that I needed to find a group that will start 30ds in March.

I'm Wendy 34 yrs SW 226 on 1/7/12, CW today 198.8. I am very excited about starting 30DS. However I am not sure at how many lbs of weights to start with. What will others be starting with?

Add me if you like!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing 3 lbs. My arms aren't strong like they use to be and that's what I have lying around.
  • purplelady87
    purplelady87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do the dvd sometimes but wanted to do it for 30 days! Can't wait!
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group. I've had this dvd for awhile now but never finish it. I need to this time. I actually did it the other night and the next day I was so sore(which is a good thing) would love to start and finish in march

My names Melissa I'm 21 years old.Hw-195,Sw-188,Cw-180 I started using mfp in Jan. Lost 8lbs so far.

Let's do this! I'm starting with 3lb weights also.
  • HappieHippie360
    HappieHippie360 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    also excited about doing this...great idea!
    i'm 32...ive struggled with weight most of my life. i was finally at my goal weight about 5 years ago and then ended up getting married and "happy" and gained back a lot of weight...not so happy about it now! im starting with a 10% weightloss goal but have more to lose after that...one goal at a time.
    looking forward to shredding with all of you!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you started this group. I lost 45 pounds a couple of years ago and gained it all back, plus a few. Needless to say, I'm older now and the weight doesn't want to come off. I'm 46 and I'm my heaviest I've ever been. I joined MFP last week and have lost 3 lbs so far. I've been walking and doing a little strength training. I've done the 30ds a couple of times, but it kicks my butt and I give up. It'll be great to do this with a group. Can I just say it again? I'm so glad to get started!!! Everyone stay motivated!!!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So glad to have everyone! I've done this once before and I really needed some extra motivation around day 23ish, so I'm hoping this group will help us all stay motivated :)

My name is Amber. I'm a stay-at-home-mom of one year old boy/girl twins. I've been married for almost 4 years to a wonderful, wonderful man who met me at my smallest and married me at my largest...did I mention he's a good man :) I've been overweight (um...obese) for most of my adult life and done just about every diet out there.

I started MFP on June 1, 2011 and have lost about 68 lbs to date. I'll post a few stats below:

Height: 5' 7"
    HW: 286
    MFP SW: 257
    CW: 189
    GW: I've not completely decided. I'm thinking 140-150...

Add me if you'd like. Please include a message with your request and let me know you're from the group. I'm the worst about not commenting on updates (diary completions and such), so please forgive me in advance :)

Oh, and a few things you'll need to know. I'm from the south, so you'll see lots of "y'alls" when I type. I use smiley faces a lot; just look through this post alone...gah! I also tend to overuse the exclamation point (I promise I'm not shouting...usually). I practice tough love...I'll be here to support and motivate you, but I won't baby you if you are full of excuses. I promise, promise, promise I'm a nice person though :)
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikki, 27. I use to be really good with using MFP and did the 30DS in Nov. Then my computer broke and I stopped using it. Then yesterday I stepped on the scale for the first time and realized I gained 4 lbs since then. I still have 10lbs to get to my pre baby weight. I do great with working out when I'm in a group
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My name is Teresa, I'm from Oregon. I'm 23 years old and have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. This will be my second time doing the 30DS and I'm pretty excited!!!! I started MFP in November at 216 lbs, and to date I'm 191.8. I fell off the wagon for the past two weeks, and I'm looking to pick myself back up! Time to get serious again! I try to burn at least 1000 calories a day running, going to the gym, and work out videos. I'm a huge fan of Jillian and I own 5 of her DVD's. Very soon I'll be getting Killer Butt and Thighs, and i think I'm going to get TurboFire also.

What else do you guys do for work out?
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm alison. I've tried doing 30DS before, but threw in the towel after a week. I'm ready to try to do this again and sm happy to find a group of people doing the same thing!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikki, 27. I use to be really good with using MFP and did the 30DS in Nov. Then my computer broke and I stopped using it. Then yesterday I stepped on the scale for the first time and realized I gained 4 lbs since then. I still have 10lbs to get to my pre baby weight. I do great with working out when I'm in a group

Thats actually not that bad Nikki! If I'm away from mfp for a week I've already put on a few pounds haha. I do better with a group too :)
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i seem to start the 30 day shred on the 1st of every month get to level 2 and give up. so you are welcome to shout at me if i slack it will be great to finish the 30 days and see the results.
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Im Tanta and also want to do the 30 days shred. I was already planing doing it this month (today im going to the shop to buy weights).
    Im a working and studying mother of a very beautiful baby. Need to lose 40 pounds.
    Already tried several diets but the only thing that happens its me quitting and getting more pounds than when i started
  • elishadunaway
    elishadunaway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Elisha and I ordered the 30 Day Shred just now so I can join in! I hope I get it in time for March 1st! I think most of my extra weight comes from stress because all I drink is water, I eat fairly healthy, although I do cave in to my chocolate cravings quite often, and I have a pretty active lifestyle even though it's hard for me to make time for "official" workouts. Looking forward to doing this challenge!
  • patriciakdixon
    Options
    My name is Patricia,
    I am new to my fitness pal can any one help a50 something get on her way
    I want to sign up for the march challenge I am a dialysis patient
    I will do this as I can
    How do I get started ??? I not know my way around it:
  • coachie
    coachie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone im new to MFP i do have the dvd and used it once but this will be good to give me some motivation. I need to lose weight badly i was always skinny and got comfortable in my relationship got married gained weight so i ready for the challenge.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I did this a few months ago and really enjoyed it, so count me in.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi I have starte this already but I am going on holiday from 4th march to the 10th march so i'll just pretend this week leadng up to march will cancel out the break.

I cant wait to see everyones reults : O)
  • jackierenberg
    jackierenberg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jackie. I am a single mom of a beautiful 3 yr old. I am 34yrs old. my highest weight was with my pregnancy, it was not a very pleasant pregnancy. I ended up somewhere around 230 lbs. it has taken me a couple of years and I have been able to maintain 162 lbs. but I would really like to get down to 150 lbs. I need some motivation and this sounds like it would be perfect. I will be going out and purchasing the video today. looking forward to working out with all of you.