To Stretch or Not to Stretch

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
I know that we have had this discussion before about stretching in general. I know it is good for you and all...Here is my issue and I would love to hear if any of you are dealing with this or what you all do.

On the schedule, there is the Core 20 and Stretch 40. I have done this every week and even though I enjoy the stretching, I really want to burn calories. I would rather do a HIIT 20 or something and Core 20 instead of the stretch 40.

I am just wondering how important is that stretch 40 class? I think that for today I am going to just do the HIIT 20 or 15 and then the core...

Replies

• Sweeterescape
    Options
    I think that the stretching is really important - I was feeling really sore yesterday morning when I woke up, and felt like the workouts were taking its toll, but other than sore back muscles again I felt much more energised this morning!

Maybe do a HIIT with the stretch 40 after, and then do the core another day this week (after another HIIT or on Wednesday instead of rest). Or do all three today!

I skipped the stretch 40 last week and really regretted it, I think it helps keep your muscles healthy and ready to work hard!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I may actually do stretch 40 later today. I just did HIIT 20 and then Core 20. I can't wait for Fire 45 tomorrow :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I don't do the "stretch 10" videos after the week workouts, but I DO do the stretch 40 every week when suggested. I think my body needs it. I really don't mind the second half of the workout, it's the first half that bores me to tears.....so repetitive.