Carb counting for Blood Glucose?

Options
big_eye
big_eye Posts: 19 Member
I am trying to manage Type2DM without meds (I am on Januvia that costs like 100$/mo) and have been trying to manage my CHO intake to 45gr or less each meal...

It's tough, anyone in this group counting CHOs?

Replies

• ItalianStallion75
    Options
    I have a Diabetic recipe book that suggest that when you are carb counting do not add the carbs from Dietary Fiber to determine your carb availability.

Marco
  • big_eye
    big_eye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Of course Marco I know that, but many of the food items posted do not take that into consideration so I am finding that I have to continually keep adding the food items, often resulting in errors :S

I guess that's one of the downfalls of this site it really isnt "Diabetes" friendly for those of us who need/want to count carbs....
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carbonaut
    Options
    This is an response to an old post but I've just joined to use this very helpful diary facility on MFP.

I have to duplicate all the information onto a spreadsheet to give meal times, elapsed times between last meal and test, glucose results from tests, and any notes that relate to my management of Pre-Diabetes.

MFP must be used by people like me and Diabetes 1 & 2 sufferers and I guess they will have created their own management systems that combine MFP and something else......

How can I suggest this to MFP? Should I? Is it a worthwhile Idea?

It has been for me, I feel my approach is bringing measurable results but it's a little time consuming.....