Week 1 Mini Challenges

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Here We Go!!!!!

Monday
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc)
Strength: Do 120 crunches (3 different kinds)
Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water.

Tuesday
Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Try and eat the majority of your carbohydrates in the first half of the day.
Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc)
Strength: Do 100 squats (everytime you make a trip to the washroom, do 10 squats)
Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water

Wednesday: Stay within your calorie limit. Eat required amounts of protein which is used to help repair muscles,
Cardio: Do an interval workout today. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog (or fast walk), 2 minute walk, repeat 8 times, finish with a 5 minute cool-down.
Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups at your level.

Thursday: Stay within your calorie limit. Have lots of fiber consisting of whole grains, whole fruit and vegetables, legumes, cereals.
Cardio: Do 35 minutes of increased heart rate activity.
Strength: Do 10 lunges with 10 bicep curls, 10 sets

Friday: Stay within your calorie limit. Watch the amount of sodium that you eat. Try to avoid prepackaged or takeout food which is very high in sodium
Cardio: Do 35 minutes of increased heart rate activity.
Strength: Do 120 crunches
Water: DRink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water

Saturday: Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio: Go for a leisurely walk with someone you care about today.
Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks

Sunday: Stay within your calorie limit
Cardio/Strength: Today is a day of rest and relaxation

I am by no means a professional in diet or exercise. Everything stated above is things that I have learned and read during the last year of being on MFP. Please do not do anything that will harm yourself.

Hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling :wink: :smile:

Replies

• stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    will do you too
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have it written down, so ready to lose this weight:)
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Got it written down. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Printed out and ready to go!
  • stroken96
    Options
    I copied it to each day on my food diary,
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    posting it to your diary is a great idea! i am doing that too:)

thanks so much for putting this together! I'll be incorporating it into my regular gym work outs and when it doesn't fill the requirements i'll just push myself to do more!

woohoo! March Madness!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is in the books!

Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.--Check. I had 4 vegetables (brocolli, mushroom, asparagus, carrots) and 4 fruits (banana, kiwi, strawberries, pineapple in smoothies)
    Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc) --Check-spin class
    Strength: Do 120 crunches (3 different kinds) --check. did standard, reverse and in/outs.
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water.--check-finishing my last bottle.

This challenge looks like it will really help to get me back on track!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    alright..got it all done except the crunches!! I was late in the game (only joined today at 5pm ) so had to sneak in a quick 250 + cardio work out..sadly too tired to do crunches now at 9pm. Must. Sleep.

ok, tomorrow's goal - get all the checks in!

thanks again:)
  • stroken96
    Options
    Great way to start the week, feels good. got it done
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Hope that I am not too late!!! I have many challenges but I am pushing for as close to 50 pounds as I can before my 1 year Wedding Anniversary!!

Food: I had 4 vegetables onions green peppers red peppers and snap peas! and fruits strawberries and grapfruit
    Cardio: C25K run
    Strength: did standard, reverse and side
    Water: only one and half more to go!!!

This is going to be a fantastic month!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    wow, the crunches yesterday are killing me today, soooo sore :sad: But it's worth it:happy:
    Really looking forward to the squats today, I love them.
    Food-wise I'm eating lots of veg, less fruit because of the sugar. But I always make sure I get my vits and mins.
    I already love this challenge:heart:
  • smsinger75
    Options
    Water Intake- Done
    Cardio workout - Done
    Fruits and veggies - 2 servings of strawberries, 2 servings of carrots and 1 serving broccoli plus multi-vitamin

Didn't get crunches done. Elliptical wore me out. Sore today.

Thanks for the challenge! Keeping me on track.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Everybody is doing awesome. I must report that I did not do so well as it was my Birthday.

Did eat 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
    Did not do cardio
    Did not do crunches
    Did drink 8 glasses of water.
    Did have a small piece of truffle cake (slap hands)
    Did have a great day!!!

Back at it big time tomorrow.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Got my 10 cups of water in
    Made myself stay after work to do cardio so got my calories burned in
    Couldn't get all my veggies & fruits in - did get 2 veggies and 1 fruit in
    No crunches but will give the squats a go today

Have an awesome day everyone!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Monday check in:

Food: Stay within your calorie limit - CHECK. Eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits - got my fruit in (banana, apple) but failed on the veggies :(
    Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc) - CHECK: burned 600+ calories doing C25K week 8 plus walking.
    Strength: Do 120 crunches (3 different kinds) - FAIL: forgot all about it :(
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water. CHECK! Drank 14 glasses!

And Happy Birthday to you, Donna! :drinker:
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    Well Happy Belated Birthday Donna!!

Thanks for getting us all back on track - I had a pretty slack February - ready to get back into gear for March!!

Monday - Fruit and Veggies - Check, Cardio at Bootcamp - Check, Crunches while I watched TV - Check. Still need to do better witht the water I drank a ton but I dont track it - will try to keep a log this month!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Everybody is doing awesome. I must report that I did not do so well as it was my Birthday.

Did eat 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
    Did not do cardio
    Did not do crunches
    Did drink 8 glasses of water.
    Did have a small piece of truffle cake (slap hands)
    Did have a great day!!!

Back at it big time tomorrow.

VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Happy Birthday Donna!

Oh those squats are burning! I love it! Just finished dinner a little under calories! And well over on calories burned ;0)

Have a great day all!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in!

Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Try and eat the majority of your carbohydrates in the first half of the day. --check
    Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc) check-alternated between my bike trainer and elliptical
    Strength: Do 100 squats (everytime you make a trip to the washroom, do 10 squats) -check interspersed them in my strength training. I can't go very low due to severe knee problems but I do them on the bosu.
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water --check.

Happy Birthday Donna!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • smsinger75
    Options
    Tuesday
    Food: Stay within your calorie limit. Try and eat the majority of your carbohydrates in the first half of the day. - Done
    Cardio: Do some kind of increased heart rate activity to burn at least 250 calories. (ie walking 30 minutes, elliptical, aerobics, stairs etc) - Done
    Strength: Do 100 squats (everytime you make a trip to the washroom, do 10 squats) - Can't do squats due to knee injury. So I did 50 push-ups, 100 crunches and 50 knee-lifts.
    Water: Drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water - Done

So pretty productive day yesterday. Looking forward to today except my arms are killing me from the push-ups last night. LOL