St. Patrick's Day Dash anyone?

Options
Okay, a couple of things:

A: does anyone have any tips on controlling sweets? Because I had a relapse and ate an entire box of snickerdoodles.

B, anyone interested in doing the St. Patrick's Day Dash in seattle this year? I know its coming up and I cant run it but I think just for the walk would be worth the experience.

C: So far in your weight loss journey, what is the biggest thing you have overcome, or are trying to overcome? As stated above relapsing on cookies is my weakness so far.

Replies

• colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sweets are definitely my weakness, too. I've been looking at my daily sugar intake on the "daily" food tab, and I'm always double my recommended amount, even when I think I'm being really good. It's mostly from fruit and dairy, which aren't terrible, but I do love Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches. They're so good, and only 140 calories. Otherwise, I dump Splenda on everything, which is probably unhealthy in its own way, but I figure it's better than sugar, for now at least. ;)
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There are some healthy ways to cut down on sugar intake. If you really like sweets, there are some good things that are sugar free or low sugar. I love sugar free oreo cookies and the sugar-free vanilla ice cream is pretty good too. The other thing I eat is weight watchers' roasted almond bars or the oh so nuts bars. Both of those have lots of fiber, too. Fruit and nut mixes are always good. I like cranberries with pecans, walnuts, and almonds. (Sometimes I treat myself to cranberries and peanuts, but I like peanuts way too much and I end up eating until the bowl is emply.)
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is stress eating. It's something new, and I find that I do it even when I'm not hungry. I try distract my self by doing something healthier such as stretches or going for a walk.