Week 9

Options
stormy213
stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
Well, my week 9 is going to be all mixed up due to company that stayed over last night and me not wanted to wake them up doing my pull ups.....so today for me was Shoulders and Arms. Definitely felt stronger and surprised myself with a few extra reps with a lot of exercises. It is so weird seeing only one more blank column on the workout sheet.....can't believe we've made it this far! Keep bringing it everyone!

Replies

• sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to get this week going. Cant wait to see how I improved since the first week.
  • Timarling
    Options
    Chest and back for the first time in what feels like forever. Amazon JUST delivered my push up bars so I gave them a try. OH MY GOD! They were so hard. I feel like my push up totals were half what they were once upon a time, but so much harder and deeper so shrug, probably all for the best. ARX for the first time in a week basically meant I lost all the gains from a week ago. Just goes to show how hard a routine it is. See you all tomorrow!
  • stormy213
    Options
    Legs and Back complete.
  • Timarling
    Timarling Posts: 80
    Options
    Plyometrics done, on leap day! How ironic
  • stormy213
    Options
    Did a different cardio workout instead of Kenpo today.....chest and back tomorrow (totally out of order this week!).
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Chest and back on Monday was awesome. I've improved on all my totals and now I dont do any push ups on my knees. Even under the fence ones and heart to heart!!! I've even increased my weight on Shoulders and arms last night from 10lbs to 12. Really feeling the burn and I'm actually excited to see what happens with Yoga tonight. That crane's got nothin' on me!! LOL
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Aweosme, I just found this group. I am currently on week 9 as well. Got legs and back tonight. I've started this program a few times before, but thsi is the first time I've stuck with it. Feelign great, and even though I haven't dropped much weight, I've notice a lot of changes.

I've started adding in some extra cardio to my weeks, so I got up this morning and did 45 minutes of ZUmba (my wife loves it, so I joined in). Legs are pretty beat, but I am ready to tackle Legs and back tonight.
  • Timarling
    Options
    Shoulders and arms complete. Went pretty well I guess.
  • gilliland_a
    gilliland_a Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did shoulders and arms last night. Didn't improve as much as Chest and Back but my curl weight went from 15s to 20s.

Ab Ripper does suck but that is the area I've seen the most improvement. I am up to 25 on half of them, 15 on heals to the heavens (killer exercise), 40 on mason twists, and 20 on the rest.

While the number improvement is of course great I would say that the best thing is not feeling absolutely dead after a workout. I feel energized and alive and the soreness is nowhere near as bad.
  • gilliland_a
    gilliland_a Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great for you Wolfhound22!!! I was at 260 last year. I know I waited to introduce cardio until I was a bit lighter to save my joints. I am very thankful I did. I have had knee issues in the past.

Doing doubles is tough to stick with but the balance of cardio with the weights and calisthenics really pays dividends.

KEEP IT UP!!!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    @gilliland - ya I'm not trying to over due it, so just going to push myself, and if I need to skip an extra cardio then so be it. I also have a bad knee, so I'm trying to avoid high impact workouts.

Finished up Legs and Back, felt great. Managed 23 unassisted pullup total, which is a personal best. Feeling great right now, but I am ready for bed. Got Kenpo tomorrow night, then off day SAturday :)
  • Timarling
    Options
    Yoga didn't go as well as last time. My lower back was tight the whole morning so I knew I would be fighting to keep up to what I've come to expect. Couldn't stay in Crane (sad face), but right angle pose felt easier. Now time to ponder the hours until Legs and Back tomorrow. Ugh.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My week 9 got messed up so gonna repeat it starting today :(
  • Timarling
    Options
    Legs and back done. Was able to do 20 chin ups at the start so that was a pleasant surprise. I think overall I ended up with something like 90-92 total pull ups? Can't wait until I can bust out 100 in a single workout.
  • Timarling
    Options
    Standard kenpo. Legs were still sore from yesterday. Bring on week ten