Organic Veggies :)

Options
azure7
azure7 Posts: 136 Member
Hi, everyone! I'm new to the group/MFP and live in the Doral area :) Anyway, since we're all here looking to improve our health, I wanted to let you all know that I'm a member of an amazing CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program that is focused on organic veggies.

It is an organic veggie farm in the Redlands that sells "shares" of their crop. Every week, I pick up a carefully packed box of gorgeous veggies at my pickup store (the farm delivers to different places around Miami so that members can pick up their box at a convenient location). I've been part of other CSAs in the past and this one wildly surpasses the others in quality. They specialize in heirloom tomatoes, but I've gotten lots of variety (lots of different fresh herbs, squash, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, celery, etc.). The quality is superb! Best part is it only costs me $17 per week/box which is way cheaper than the lackluster organic produce section at Publix. The $17/week is for an individual share (good for one person), but they have larger shares as well for families.

Anyway, I don't want to spam the forum, so if anyone would like more info on the farm and CSA program, let me know :) I know they are having an open house this Sunday March 4th where you can tour the farm and purchase produce.

Replies

• _Shelley_
    Options
    This sounds great. Thanks for posting about it.

Where can we buy these boxes? I'd love to look in to something like this.

I, too, live in the Doral area.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The info on how to join is here: http://www.teenaspridecsa.com/?page_id=7
    You can get info regarding the farm there, too.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of a CSA before its a great idea. Just make sure you plan to use alot of those veggies in your meals because nothing's worse than having all that produce and then saving spoilage.