What is your favorite beach in the Carolinas?

Options
willforbes
willforbes Posts: 48 Member
Nags Head. I grew up on that beach pretty much.

Replies

• scamberlous
    Options
    Sullivan's Island! It's pure perfection...and not overcrowded with tourists.
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ocean Isle, I live 4 miles away
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    i love to ride my bike around FOLLY! and to lie on the beach and listen to the waves crash while soaking up the sun. Then it's off to Bowen Island for some fresh seafood. OHHH I LOVE FOLLY BEACH!
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    I agree, and there's good seafood at Shem Creek!
  • willforbes
    willforbes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went to Bowen Island for the first time about a month ago. Its great. I ate so many oysters, I couldn't move. Folly is a fun beach.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We always go to Charleston to Folly Beach. It is the closest beach to where I live (Asheville) and its convenient
  • Ncsoccermom
    Ncsoccermom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kure Beach, NC
    Just outside Wilmington and Carolina Beach, it has a great FREE disc golf course (at the town park), nice streets to walk/ride and great quiet beaches!
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Carolina Beach, NC
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Love the Isle of Palms. I graduated from the College of Charleston, so I definitely got my fill of Folly Beach.The Isle of Palms was further away so I didn't get to go very often. Also, love Kiawah Island.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i love to ride my bike around FOLLY! and to lie on the beach and listen to the waves crash while soaking up the sun. Then it's off to Bowen Island for some fresh seafood. OHHH I LOVE FOLLY BEACH!

I used to live on Folly Beach (about 25 years ago!) I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it now, but I absolutely loved living there!

My favorite beach in NC is Topsail. It's great for searching for sharks teeth!
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Huntington Beach State Park! (Murrells Inslet, SC)
  • leigh302
    leigh302 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Crescent Beach, NMB
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Busco Beach in Goldsboro NC. Look it up. But for real though Corrolla beach on the OBX with all the wild mustangs..
  • tugboatme1
    tugboatme1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i luv murtle beach it is soooo fun
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We plan to retire in Myrtle Beach - own a condo there that we rent out. The people from MB are great and I have lots of great memories there!

Charleston is also awesome, but because of the TERRIBLE traffic, I wouldn't want to live there.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to live an hour away from Myrtle Beach, SC!! Love the area! Very surprised that people in southern GA go to Myrtle Beach for vacation.