30 DS Weights

Options
feebeast1
feebeast1 Posts: 13 Member
Hi All :)

I was just wondering - what size weights do/ will you all be using for the 30DS?

I'm not gonna buy any - already spent farrrrrrrr too much on gym gear I don't use!!! So will be using water bottles in the meantime.

I tried the 30DS today for the first time, and used 0.5kg, but not sure if thats too light!

Suggestions welcome :)

F x

Replies

• EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I might recycle my zumba toning sticks lol
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 pounds because that's what I have around the house. I wish I had heaver weights for some of the moves, but it's something.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights. That's challenging enough for me!
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    3lb weights
  • ArmyWifee21
    Options
    I alternate 3 and 5lb weights!
  • amgilman87
    amgilman87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb, but for the side squats with arm raise I have to use my 2lb weights.
  • megonzalez1230
    Options
    I have 3lb weights. That is enough for me, my arms feel like they are going to fall off after I'm done with the workout.
  • heather21h
    Options
    I try to use 5lbs for the majority of the workout but have to switch to 3lbs on some workouts...You just use what you are comfortable with :-)
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i use 5lb kettle bells, but sometimes they get too heavy so i just use 1 and use modified moves.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I use 8lbs weights for everything except the side lunges which I use 3lbs for (I really really really hate those damn side lunges)
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I only have 5lbs at home so had to use those but going to pick up some lighter ones this weekend. Good luck!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've be using what I have on hand. I have exercise bands, and plate weights...so that is what I'll be using. If it extremely uncomfortable than I'll invest in a set of dumbells
  • amara0118
    amara0118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I alternate between 2, 3, & 5 lb dumbbells. Some moves I feel perfectly ok doing 5lb (like the bicep curls) but others (side lunges) are impossible to do with anything other than 2lb.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I alternate 5 and 10lb weights! Except, my husband saw how sweaty I was afterward and decided to join in with me. He's going to take over my 10lb weights until we get him something heavier.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! After reading this I am so proud of myself. I have had 5 pound weights the whole time. I must be tougher than I thought!:happy: