hello!

Options
hi ladies!

I just had my daughter 7 weeks ago and am in the clear to workout! I'm super excited because momma got some pounds to lose!

I had a question though.. I am breastfeeding and it is ridiculous how hungry I get... But not just hungry I am also big time craving cupcakes, cookies, candy, and just overall JUNK food. How can I get rid of these cravings? I am trying to eat healthy, eat a lot of veggies and some fruits but my issue is this sugar cravings I have. They definitely are NOT helping me lose those lbs. I think I've actually gained back 3 lbs because of this!

any tips?

Replies

• dsb76
    dsb76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think that is really common - I'm 4.5 months out and still with sugar cravings above prepreg. I think it helpful to have health snacks available that satisfy those craving - I made "lactation cookies" with oatmeal, flax seed flour, whole wheat flour, lots of nuts and dried fruit, and a lot of chocolate chips. You can find various recipes on line. They were filling, satisfied my cookie craving and were better then standard baked goods.
    I personally don't limit myself too much when breastfeeding. I eat when I am hungry and I eat what I crave (though I try to find healthiest options) I think calorie counting and keeping a diary is great because it helps me figure out if I am eating because I am bored, it helps me limit portion size, and I am embarrassed when I document that I ate 4 cookies and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast.
  • Amanda_Hoyt
    Options
    I've heard of the lactation cookies! I'm going to have to try them because these sugar cravings are getting ridiculous! Thanks!
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    It is very common. I nursed 5 kiddos and it always made me super hungry and thirsty! Make sure that you find a site that will help you figure how many calories you need while lactating so that you are consuming enough. You certainly don't want your breastmilk supply to go down! Other then that, like said previously, just keep your diary up to date so you are aware of how much you are consuming calorie-wise. This is the only way that I have been able to lose weight successfully. Good luck and congratulations on your little one!