Getting Nervous!

Options
I haven't really posted anything before. Tomorrow is my first post-op appointment. Which I am excited about and extremely nervous about. The morning after surgery, I was having a really hard time breathing. Luckily I was still in the hospital. They kept me an extra night, thinking it may just be how I was getting rid of the anestesia. I was sent home, and the next two days I got drastically worse. You could hear me wheezing from across the room. I was taken back to the hospital and given a whole bunch of meds and sent home. The next week, I wasn't any better. They said it sounds like I have asthma or my body is constantly having an allergic reaction. I am allergic to latex, and the band is made of silicone, but there may be latex present. They put me on prednisone, which is kinda helping, but I start wheezeing once my next dose is due. They said if I am indeed allergic to the silicone in the band, it will have to be removed. I am so nervous. I worked so hard to get to this point, that the thought of having it removed kills me. I am hoping I just have asthma (not a great wish I know, but better than going though surgery again). I think I just need to vent my concerns. It is going to be a long two days!

Amanda

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are going through that on top of adjusting to being banded. Keep us updated about what the doctor says.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda,
    Sorry you are having so many issues. Hopefully they will find it is something other than the band. Let us know what you find out. You are in my prayers.