Crab Country Boil

Options
My husband and I make this one at least once a month. It is absolutely light and delicious!

2 Potatoes cut in half
2 snow crab clusters
2 ears Corn on the cob de-husked
1 lb shrimp peeled and de-veined
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 whole Lemon sliced
Old bay seasoning

Fill a large pot up 2/3 full with salted water add 2-4 tablespoons Old bay, the minced garlic, half the lemon slices and bring up to a rolling boil. Add potatoes, and bring back up to a boil. After 5-8 minutes test your potatoes for doneness with a fork. Add your corn, add all of your Crab clusters bring back to a boil and then add all the shrimp- They will cook very fast 3-4 minutes.
As soon as those shrimp turn all the way pink you are done. Put onto plate you may eat with Sliced Lemon, Shrimp cocktail sauce, butter and minced garlic melted or sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. You would be surprised how tasty and delicious and low cal this is without butter, and eaten mainly with the lemon and Shrimp cocktail sauce! Some add there favorite Sausage Kielbasa sausage however, I find this particular boil to be just as satisfying without all the extra calories! Enjoy!

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That sounds so yummy! I will have to try it.
  • jusme1063
    jusme1063 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite dish!!! You are so right about the sausage...I stopped adding it. I also use the Louisiana Shrimp and Crab boil. A little goes a long way unless you like it really spicy! Thank you for reminding me of how delicious it is.