sound off (area, friends and goals)

Options
nammer79
nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
I'm looking to add some MFP friends from florida

St. Pete/Clearwater area lived here most my life but if the right job comes up I'd move in a heart beat lol

All ion all I love it here well all but some of the florida drives lol

short term: jog on the beach and enjoy it
My long term goal: drop this extra person (all 100 pounds of him the bum)

Add me and together we can make the south a slimer place :laugh:

Replies

• og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Lake Mary area, my goal is to lose 100 lbs, im 44 lbs away from my goal. I started my journey at 332 lbs the heaviest point in my life. One of my other goals is to compete in warrior dash, muddy buddy, any of those events. I was looking forward to muddy buddy this year but they aren't doing one here this year.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Lake Mary area, my goal is to lose 100 lbs, im 44 lbs away from my goal. I started my journey at 332 lbs the heaviest point in my life. One of my other goals is to compete in warrior dash, muddy buddy, any of those events. I was looking forward to muddy buddy this year but they aren't doing one here this year.

Orange City here. You ride the the seminole wekiva trail? I love that trail.
  • og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Orange City here. You ride the the seminole wekiva trail? I love that trail.

Lol yeah, I use to live in orange city on enterprise near Saxon at enterprise cove apts. Yeah I rode from my house down to the trail all the way down to Douglas. It was a total of 32 miles. I havent done that in about 8 months, I'm a lil sore right now. Do you do any events? My longest ride was the one in Ocala did 50 miles.
  • mbruk
    mbruk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DeLand here. 45 lbs into a 150 lbs goal!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Cocoa, but have literally lived everywhere in Central and South Florida. I go into Orlando pretty frequently.

My goals are half marathon this year, Tri in 2013. I'm currently running, cycling, yoga, and weights, but am going to take swimming lessons in may. Yay! Oh and weight loss...yuck...I've stalled at 29lbs lost and would like to lose another 15, but am trying to concentrate on body fat percentage.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lakeland here. Started 4 days ago @282 my biggest weight ever! Goal is 165, I have never run a marathon or anything like that. Maybe I will check into that sometime. Right now I just want to get a health routine going.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Zephyrhills (about 20 minutes from Tampa) here...I like the goal of jogging on the beach that someone else mentioned. :smile: I'm currently struggling to keep up with my 1 mile a day on the treadmill, haha. :blushing: Long term? Be healthy and fit and confidently wear a bikini on the beach again one day.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm in Indian Harbour Beach (beachside Melbourne). I transplanted from Minnesota to Wellington (Palm Beach) for a job in 2000 and totally fell in love with Florida. I'm 1/2 mile from the beach and 1/2 mile from the Indian River and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

I recently reached my goal weight, so my new short term goal is to find a strength training plan I like and drop another 2% of body fat. It's warm enough for the beach now and I just bought a new bikini that I would like to not be afraid to wear in public.

In the long term I want to maintain my healthy lifestyle and never fall back into my old lazy ways.
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I will be brand new to Miami in less than two months.
    Curious if any one knows of a good area to move to on a grad student budget?

Better yet, does any one know of some places that need an active, clean, easy going, neat, young and busy professional to occupy a room or an apartment for a year?

(thought asking on here would be just as good, if not better than on craigslist)

Thanks a bundle!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Clearwater, FL. Have also lived in St. Pete and several beach towns.

I'm near goal weight (total lost = 40 lbs), working on recomposition currently. Lifting heavy at the YMCA and eating well. Still doing cardio too though, it's fun! Have lost 12 1/2 inches so far this year. Bunch to go!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    South Florida outside Ft. Lauderdale.

Lost 27 pounds goal is trying to get last 10-12 off and keep it off.

Love running but broke my knee cap last December and just trying now to get back to it but hurts too much.

Working with Personal trainer once a week to get some upper body strength.

Love Florida moved here from Long Island, like the west coast a bit better.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Recently moved to Deltona from Kissimmee, where I lived most of my life. I have been a yo-yo exerciser most of my life. I loose, gain/ eat well, drink like a fish/ exercise hours a day, then stop and don't do anything only to start the cycle all over again.

I'd like to remain constant with my healthier life style. I plan on starting back on here again by April 15th. Get off my butt & loose the extra 15 pounds I have left towards my goal weight by the end of summer.
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in Jacksonville, Fl.
  • kguiste
    kguiste Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    From Pensacola, currently in Jacksonville.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Native Floridian. :) Originally from South FL. I've been living in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area for just over 6 years now.

I gave birth to my fourth child in January and am working on getting back into shape. I lost all of the pregnancy weight as of last week - plus a few extra pounds (down 43lbs total). I still want to lose another 35(ish)lbs. I am doing the Zombie Apocalypse challenge here on MFP and am hoping to participate in the Run for Your Lives event in Clermont in November.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    West Palm beach, with 107lb to lose.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    perdido key/ pensacola area... love walking on the beach but prefer running on the trail.
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm in Jacksonville Fl. and I am always in need for more MFP friends for more support.
    My latest goal is to stay below 215. It seems once I'm there I ruin it for myself by pigging out. Si I bounce from 215 to 220 ad back again to 215... I need advice and help.. But for now it is my newest goal... My next one is to get and stay at 210 lbs... :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Recently moved to Deltona from Kissimmee, where I lived most of my life. I have been a yo-yo exerciser most of my life. I loose, gain/ eat well, drink like a fish/ exercise hours a day, then stop and don't do anything only to start the cycle all over again.

I'd like to remain constant with my healthier life style. I plan on starting back on here again by April 15th. Get off my butt & loose the extra 15 pounds I have left towards my goal weight by the end of summer.

My boyfriend's father lives in Deltona. Been there many times.

I'm in Tallahassee. My best friend lives in Jax, so I go there a lot and I used to live in St. Marys, GA, which is just over the border from Jax.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds and tone up, but since I got my IUD I put on 20 pounds of the 36 I'd lost and maintained with Weight Watchers. So right now I'm just eating right and working out and wishing my body would do what it's supposed to. I keep going back and forth between 152 and 154, no matter what I do. :-( I'm only 5'3".
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm Chris. I'm originally from Manhattan, but moved down to St. Petersburg for college in 2002. Got sucked in, and have been here since.

I'm currently 5'7", 168 pounds. 17.4% Body Fat.

Goals: 156 pounds, 10% Body Fat. Feel comfortable enough to take of my shirt at the beach and not feel self-conscious.

I recently had hernia surgery, so I'm just getting back into working out.

Fitness Program: Walk dog 7 miles a day. CrossFit on weedays. I either bike ride or swim everyday, sometimes I do both depending on energy level.

One week in, I've lost probably a pound, maybe two. It's getting hot as hell, want to get back to the beach.