Corktown 5k Anyone?

I'm super nervous but I'm planning on running it (Haven't registered yet)...well mostly probably walking a large portion of it lol! Is anyone else planning on doing it? (http://www.corktownrace.com/)

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    I'm hoping to do it, but I didn't realize it's the same day as a previous commitment. If I can switch things around, I'll definitely be there, walking most of it--I've lost a lot of ground over the winter.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    I just signed up for it! It'll be my very first 5k, and I'm still pretty green at running (I'm doing couch to 5k, and will only be in week 4 by that time!) So I plan on probably walking most of it as well. I'm excited but nervous!
  • TeeCup99
    TeeCup99 Posts: 9
    When is it?
  • courtneymal17
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    I'm planning on running in the race... 3.1 will be a welcome relief to all the running I have done lately!

Courtney- the Couch to 5K is an awesome program to start. I finished it a few weeks ago and had none of the problems I used to have when I would run years ago. Stick to it- you can do it!!
  • courtneymal17
    thanks! I like it so far, but I'm a totally new runner so it's a bit hard sometimes. I do love it so far. I'm just hoping to complete it
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Just registered last night & picked up my packet today! :) Can't wait- I've never done a 5k.
    Afterward, I'll be selling mardi gras beads for donations as a fundraiser for Team In Training. Sooooo, if you see crazy people selling beads, buy some! :P
    And lots of luck with your running, Courtney! I just started running last May. It's hard but you'll feel awesome!