Have the temptations found you yet?

Options
spectralmoon
spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
I was doing fantastic until this past week (starting from early January), and then ALL OF A SUDDEN... vending machine. Three to four hour long classes and projects for each of them is making that thing cat-call at me, waving Snickers and Goldfish and Sun Chips... It's like we were strangers for the first month of this semester, and it just now remembered my name. I still bring my own healthy lunches to campus, but now I'm fighting and sometimes losing the urge to add in a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milk'n'Cereal bar when I don't -really- need it.

Is anyone else starting to feel the old habits creeping back, or at least being annoying in the background? I honestly thought I was over it. :frown:

Replies

• KENZIEB120
    Options
    uhm YES! I'm dog/house-sitting for my boss right now, and they've got all kinds of goodies in their pantry... NOT good for finals time!!

I think that in times of stress, it's best to just keep a note nearby telling you to breathe and evaluate the situation. What would really solve your problems? Food probably isn't the solution (I know that it's definitely not mine!) But I have the exact same problem - I need to remind myself that there are tons of other outlets that need to be used for stress. Food is NOT the solution!

hope this helps :) It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels guilty for giving into cravings in times of stress.
  • lmeldrum
    lmeldrum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, temptations will be the death of me. I am an emotional eater, so whenever I freak out, I eat. One thing that I have found that has helped is getting rid of the temptation. I also have a problem with vendy machines, and I have learned to never carry around 1 dollar bills with me because they will automatically go into the machine. I have also found that recommiting yourself gives you another push in the right direction.