A brand new group!

Options
TheLukePhone
TheLukePhone Posts: 30 Member
Good morning to anyone and everyone!

This past Decemeber, my family and I moved to Red Deer to eliminate my commute. My wife and I met and lived here around 2003, so we are familiar with quite a bit of the city and the services and activities here.

We also picked up a monthly pass for the Collicut, which gives access to all the rec facilities in the city. At $90 for the month it's not exactly cheap, but hey, it's a family pass. When you consider that a family visit to the Collicut for swimming runs you close to $20 anyways, it's not hard to justify.. 5 visits in a month pays for itself; anything above that is basically free!

My wife and I were both pretty big into cycling before our kids were born, but the last few years have been pretty busy with babies and toddlers. We now have a 2 and 4 year (soon to be 5!), and the possibility of getting back onto a bike actually looking pretty good!

I'd like to see this group begin not only as a way to help keep ourselves accountable and motivated, but also encourage others and hopefully make some new friends. This will definitely be a family friendly group, and we hope to have many activities scheduled that will not only help us get into shape, but also involve our children, and hey, why not pets too? We have a small dog who I know would love to get out and be more active (she's part jack russell).

So there you have it; a family oriented, health focused group, hoping to organize events for all to enjoy, share recipes/tips/experiences both in person and online, and just have fun doing it.

What do you think?