Can we all be friends?

Options
Punkicoleman
Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
I tried to send friend requests to everybody in the group, but it only allows you to make 5 new friends at a time. Moreover, I think I messed up and send somebody two friend invitations. Oooops.

Anyway, I think it will be fun and encouraging if we can all be friends and share our struggles, successes and give one another lots of support.

Hopefully, you feel the same. :love: :love:

All the best to everyone, Punki

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I just added you as a friend. Now everyone in the group is in contact. Say what you need or just anything and someone will communicate.

Good luck on that getting ready for the reunion. I have a similar event , at that time maybe we can push each other. I try to be loyal about logging food and exercise. Have been staying away from scale for the month. This aged metabolism takes a long time to drop a pound! So I don't want to sabotage myself by the number.

Yesterday there was a quote in the paper...something to the effect that good health was found in the grocery store and not the doctor's office. Your doctor sounds good.

Anyway welcome and have a great day!
  • galebran
    galebran Posts: 13
    Options
    I just joined this group so I will try to add everyone...looks like this is the one for me.:blushing: When I was 58 I decided I would not go into the 60's being overweight so I worked very hard and lost 50 lbs. (never reaching my goal) but after turning 60 I had several health problems and it started creeping back on. If I would have found this website back then I do not believe that would have happened. I have now lost 10 of the 19 I had gained. And with the daily encouragement of others on the web I am sure I will make it this time. :happy:
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome, galejl. We are delighted to have you join. Becoming ill right when you are on a roll is the pits. I was sick for several months in 2010 and then again in 2011 and it turned me into a fat mushball. :frown:

I have been back at the gym 5 days a week since the first of the year (although for the first 2 weeks I could only stretch) and am feeling almost 100%. Since January 16th, when I was actually, finally, able to work out, I have lost 17 pounds and want to lose another 12 before April 28th.

Can't wait until we are all skinny minnies. :flowerforyou: