Greetings Everyone!

Options
OhioMade
OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
:smile: Wow, I was really pleased to find this group here! I am a 45-year-old single guy living in northern Ohio. I have about 40 lbs. to lose to get to my normal/goal weight.

I built a gym in my basement, and I work out with free weights every day. I also have an awesome treadmill in the garage, and I do one hour of interval training on it each day.

Sounds good, right? Well.. my problem is I struggle to eat right. I know what is good and what is bad, but I go through periods (months) where I eat badly and gain a lot of weight.

I did the Biggest Loser online a couple years ago, and I lost 40 lbs in four months with hard work and calorie counting, so I know counting calories works.

Feel free to message, as I am happy to make supportive friends along the journey.

Best to you!

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

This will probably come off as me being both nosy and a know-it-all, for which I apologize in advance. I would say, though, that having no other information on your workouts or what works for your body, I hope you're giving yourself enough rest time inbetween workouts. Resistance training along with 1hr/day of intervals on the treadmill everyday would probably cause some problems for me--even if I were doing an upper/lower split on the weights.

Stay safe and good luck!.
  • OhioMade
    Options
    Welcome!

This will probably come off as me being both nosy and a know-it-all, for which I apologize in advance. I would say, though, that having no other information on your workouts or what works for your body, I hope you're giving yourself enough rest time inbetween workouts. Resistance training along with 1hr/day of intervals on the treadmill everyday would probably cause some problems for me--even if I were doing an upper/lower split on the weights.

Stay safe and good luck!.

Thanks, and no, you're not out of line. My weight training is a different body area each day for five days...so each area gets a good amount of time to rest and rebuild.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • OhioMade
    Options
    Thanks everyone!