Who's up for a challenge?

Options
124»

Replies

• melwilson6
    Options
    I did it....I made my goal for this month! My goal was to lose 10 lbs. and since starting this weight loss journey at the beginning of the month I have lost 14.5 lbs. since starting MFP I have lost 11....I love MFP and all my supporters that keep me accountable.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I did it....I made my goal for this month! My goal was to lose 10 lbs. and since starting this weight loss journey at the beginning of the month I have lost 14.5 lbs. since starting MFP I have lost 11....I love MFP and all my supporters that keep me accountable.

Great Job @melwilson6!
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Thank You!:happy:
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Way to go tknnwatkins!!
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @pegruhl, I am so glad you upped those calories! What a reward it will be to eat more AND lose!! It is an awesome feeling to be content with your eating and to know you are making good choices for a healthy you!! I have 109 more pounds to lose myself: however, I am not going to get stuck on a number. I will know i am done losing when I get to a good size rather than fixating on a certain number. However, I am taking this in small goals at a time rather than looking at that big number. I am focusing on what I have already done and that is to lose 25 pounds in 70 days, upping my water intake, elimated soft drinks from my diet, eating better, exercising daily and just feel so much better already.
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Way to go melwilson for reaching that first goal!!! Make sure you reward yourself with some non-food something!! :happy:
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I have 9 more miles to go and today is the 27th... Good thing I'm on Spring Break and can do some extra walking!!! Hope all of you are doing great!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO FOR AN APRIL CHALLENGE???????
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    6 miles left... I hit it hard this morning because I want to reach my 45 mile goal! I am so close!!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hauer01: Glad you're feeling better. I had pneumonia last year and I remember it took a long while before I felt myself again.

Debbie
  • debk3p2
    Options
    I made this month's weight loss goal plus some (wanted to lose 6 and ended up losing 8). This is the best month I've had since joining MFP. The March challenge has been a great motivator. Next month I'm going to change my walking goal to miles rather than steps though. I got mixed up on my steps goal. Too many big numbers. I'm a little behind in that but hope to catch up over the next couple of days.

Great challenge Tmmwatkins.
  • melwilson6
    Options
    The kids were on Spring Break this week and we took a small vacation. I honestly ate whatever I wanted to eat and therefore gained 4 pounds. I am not complaining because we had a blast and I did not lose my motivation. In fact after seeing pictures of myself I am even more motivated and I do not think this is going to mess up my goal for this month because I do believe I can take it back off by the end. As of today I am back on track and plan on increasing my exercise routine.
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    Well I hit my goal of 8 lb loss and have also gone to the gym 3 times a week and started walking 3 days a week, that leaves one day of rest:) Another great month and I am excited for next month! Thanks to the challenges I have lost 37 lbs since I joined MFP in January. They help keep me motivated along with all the support, Thanks:)
  • melwilson6
    Options
    csouto....great Job!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Hope everyone made the goals they set. Tomorrow is the last day!! Post and let us all know how you did!!

Anyone up for an April Challenge??
  • debk3p2
    Options
    Would love an April challenge. The March challenge was extremely motivating.

Debbie
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I made it!! This morning I had lost 1.2 pounds so I lost 8 pounds this month and I'm headed to the treadmill now to finish my last 2 miles! Be looking for the April challenge!!
  • pegruhl
    pegruhl Posts: 7
    Options
    I started late in the month on this challenge....but I am down 2 pounds for the month...I am having some issues right now though and don't understand why the scale is not moving....I feel like I am doing everything right but the scale has not moved in the past few days....actually it went up just a little....so I don't know what is going on. Any advice would be very very helpful.
  • gail2002
    gail2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know that the importance of that number on the scale is so huge but its really not the most accurate thing to monitor how we are doing with our weight loss. Try to remember that it is only a number...it is how you feel you have done and how you feel about yourself that is more important!! As long as you keep reaching your goals it will eventually show in the scale but we insist on stressing ourselves out over the number....and stress will raise the scale number...try not to weigh yourself so often and stay happy with how you are making life changes! Maybe everyones goal in April should be to not weigh every week???? Thats a huge challange!!! My mom came and stole my scale a few weeks ago because I was obsessing over it!! lol I feel great not having it in the house to torment myself!!
  • gail2002
    gail2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Other than being sick this last week I stuck to my exercise goals and my diet has been good!!

I am down 6.6 lbs and my goal was 5 so I am very happy!!

I am in for April's Challenge as well!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    Good for you mom for coming and taking the scale from you! I couldn't of said it better myself! Its just a number. Did you know a apple of fat weights 1lb and an apple of mucsle weighs 4lbs. @pegruhl I work at a Curves and one of the things we go is measurments once a month, You might be losing inches. ONly weight yourself once a week, if you have to get the scale out of the house(I don't have one, I weigh at Curves when I go in on Mondays) Not only is weighing yourself once a day bad but its discouraging:( Keep doing what you are doing and it will come off:) Keep up the good work everyone!!! Lets get an April challenge going! I am ready:)