The 1st rule of Geek Squad...

The 1st rule of Geek Squad is... you do not talk about Geek Squad!

The 2nd rule of Geek Squad is... YOU DO NOT TALK... No, sorry. I got that wrong. The second rule is... No smoking!

Actually, ignore those rules.

The 1st rule is... TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT GEEK SQUID!! (new title)

The question for this thread is..

If The Geek Squad was like Fight Club, what would be your rules and home work assignments?

(This is just for fun, there will be no rules for The Geek Squad apart from to play nice and be respectful to one another... and to spread the word of GEEK)

Replies

• LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    :tongue:

First rule...APA referencing .. Homework for everyone in Geek Squad - put my assignment references in APA format (To save me a tedious job).

Thanks xx
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    I would say the first rule is not to bash on other people's geek groove. We all have different angles of geek culture that we love. Let the haters stay in the jock world ;)

(Sorry to geek jocks - my exhubs was a major jock and was always hating on my geek-lore)

On a happy note - I have decided to start wearing my work badge on my "Star Wars in Concert" lanyard, complete with mini lightsaber. Wonder if anyone will notice??
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    1st rule of the Geek Squad:
    Always be faithful to your geekiness. No toning it down for the unwashed masses! They only wish they were as cool as we are.
    :glasses:

Homework:
    Firefly and Serenity are required watching. Although, really, how do you get in without having already seen them?
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Always be faithful to your geekiness. No toning it down for the unwashed masses! They only wish they were as cool as we are.

Homework:
    Firefly and Serenity are required watching. Although, really, how do you get in without having already seen them?

I haven't seen either [ducking], but they are in my Netflix que.

My work ID is now officially hanging off my "Star Wars in Concert" lanyard, complete with mini light up lightsaber. Let's see how well this goes over at work. LOL
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    I haven't seen them either...and butterfly...that sounds totally cool!!! I almost wish I had to wear a lanyard!!

My rule would be to share your geeky talents (superpowers) with others

homework? I was never good at homework....LOL. procrastination is my other superpower.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    First rule of Geek Squad is that you must have vast knowledge of Adam West, Tom Baker and William Shatner! LOL!

Your homework assignment...should you choose to accept it, is to educate those around you about anything geeky or related to geek pop culture.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    First rule of Geek Squad is that you must have vast knowledge of Adam West, Tom Baker and William Shatner! LOL!

Your homework assignment...should you choose to accept it, is to educate those around you about anything geeky or related to geek pop culture.

I said this before but I'll say it again ...I have right answer tourettes and constantly educate others , if they like it or not ( mostly not).

I quote therfore I am xx
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    This weekend's assignment. Bring down Jersey Shore. It has no place in a civilized world. Shut it down. Shut it down forever!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    This weekend's assignment. Bring down Jersey Shore. It has no place in a civilized world. Shut it down. Shut it down forever!

lol seriously.... I don't want to have to deal with 9 months of snooki pregnant... i might have to throw my tv away
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member

Homework:

It should be required watching for this club! The ONLY Geek Squad rule!!! I've got to crochet a Jayne hat!
  • cgrout78

lol seriously.... I don't want to have to deal with 9 months of snooki pregnant... i might have to throw my tv away

amen on that...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Number 1 rule of geek squad would have to be Revel in your geekiness no matter what type it is.......and enjoy yourself lol...

Homework assignments is two part go to youtube and watch Roll a D6 (lol) trust me..... pat 2 watch the movie Gamers 2 Dorkness Rising also on youtube............ if you have seen these you know how epic the actually are :heart:
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    1st rule of Geek Squad is to stay active and take your geeky awesomeness on the road for all to see.

Home work:
    Part A: do something to expand on that awesomeness that makes you a member of the geek squad.
    Part B: Invite a fellow geek squad member to be your MFP friend
  • Actually another question about Geek Squad...

Do you want this group to be popular, or do you like it how it is? So..

A) The more, the merrier
    B) Two's company, Three's a crowd
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member

Homework:

I totally agree! Oh how I love Nathan Fillion! I have a poster of him hanging on the wall across from my cubicle!
  • cgrout78
    I kind of like the idea of a smaller group. Any any fellow Geekers that aren't on my friends list are welcome to add me!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    Actually another question about Geek Squad...

A) The more, the merrier

doesnt matter to me geeks are all around us hiden in the shadows lol ... i kinda thought 185 members was a popular group
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

A) The more, the merrier

Don't really care one way or another ....besides we shouldn't deny others the chance to bask in our awesome geekiness lol:bigsmile:
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member

A) The more, the merrier

a. more geeks!
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    The 1st rule of Geek Squad is my geek may not be your geek but all geek is great geek.

Homework: Visit some old school geek:

http://totalscifionline.com/features/3809-the-100-greatest-sci-fi-movies