March 2... a challenge for all of you...

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Just opening a new topic to see how all of you are doing on your weekend planning. I am just "trucking" along with my weight loss and movement. I have opened a challenge for March on a group page and welcome you to do it here if you would like. I am striving to lose 8 pounds this month and to walk at least 45 miles this month. (I am down 4 of the miles already!!) I encourage you to challenge yourself, put it in writing and check back at least weekly to let us support and motivate you...

My Challenge:
~Lose 8 pounds this month
~Walk 45 miles this month

What are yours???

Replies

• jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty good, 9lbs to goal. I would love to be at goal by April 1st.

My goals for this month are:
    Lose 9lbs
    Continue my meal planning (going very well)
    Get in 8 glasses of water a day
    Exercise at least 3 days this week.
    Try one new recipe this week (mango chicken quinoa)
    Stop the mindless snacking that has started to creep in
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ( weeks in and glad I haven't given up yet. Been doing ok, but just trundling along, you know? But I feel like I'm beginning to slowly slip into old habits. So, in an evening instead of doing something like Wii Dance I've started slouching on Facebook playing silly games. At the weekend, I'm not eating much fruit and this weekend I wasn't even eating at my usual times. I've told myself this isn't a diet, it's lifestyle change and that it's going to take a long time so I've allowed myself to go at a slow pace. I think I need to up my efforts though so my goals for March are -

Exercise at least 5 times each week, even if it's just a walk at lunchtime (weather dependent)

Spend no more than 1 hour on facebook

Eat 3 pieces of fruit each day at the weekend

Meal plan for the weekends (I don't know why I don't do this as I'm really organised during the week)
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ( weeks in and glad I haven't given up yet. Been doing ok, but just trundling along, you know? But I feel like I'm beginning to slowly slip into old habits. So, in an evening instead of doing something like Wii Dance I've started slouching on Facebook playing silly games. At the weekend, I'm not eating much fruit and this weekend I wasn't even eating at my usual times. I've told myself this isn't a diet, it's lifestyle change and that it's going to take a long time so I've allowed myself to go at a slow pace. I think I need to up my efforts though so my goals for March are -

Exercise at least 5 times each week, even if it's just a walk at lunchtime (weather dependent)

Spend no more than 1 hour on facebook

Eat 3 pieces of fruit each day at the weekend

Meal plan for the weekends (I don't know why I don't do this as I'm really organised during the week)

Hmmm... ok, I'm managing to exercise 5 times a week including Wii dance, walking, swimming and now cycling. Doing a lot of this during lunchtimes or before work so I've kind of slipped back into spending evenings on facebook though I have done a lot of crafting and card making in the evenings too. Still need to get the weekends sorted though!
  • smcfaye
    smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goals are...

Exercise 5 times a week for at least 1/2 hour... (3 should be Curves and the other 2 can be walking or whatever as long as I am moving)

Break through to over 10 pounds loss... A couple weeks ago I was going back to old habits, I am back on track now.

Track all the food I eat... even the stuff I don't want to admit I ate (the spoonful of chocolate frosting ... 100 cal)

And my last goal is... putting myself "first"... This might sound bad, but part of the reason I am well over 100 pounds overweight is that instead of telling someone that they hurt my feelings or made me feel bad, or instead of saying no, or not getting something I needed for myself... I would feel bad and then "reward" myself by going through the drive-thru or eating something that was overly indulgent... No one else is responsible for what I did to my body, but I feel in order to get healthy and stay healthy I need to deal how I react to others... and not be someone's door mat.