Goal Setting/Check-in

Options
What goal are you setting for yourself? Post here to say you're starting today! :D

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a check-in day once or twice a week, though you can feel free to check-in everyday if you want. (what do you think?) =) Everyone will have started at a different day, so say how many days you have down and what your goal is.

At the end of today, I will have 5 of my 35 days achieved. :D

Replies

• blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm starting today then. But I'm going to weigh in on Fridays as my motivation for not overeating on the weekends. My goal by the end of 35 days is to lose 5 lbs and be at 107 lbs.

Day 1 has been good so far. It's supposed to be my cheat meal day but I've decided against it because I want to meet my goal sooner.

Good luck all :D
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    what a brilliant group! I guess im on day 2 as i started yesterday and stayed within my limit. At the end my treat (hopefully) will be to throw away my size 16 jeans as i shall be wearing my 14s - the last 2-3 times ive got into my 14s ive kept my 16s 'just in case' and guess what I grew back into them so this time they are getting binned so i NEVER wear them again and this will hopefully make me keep up the diet as I live in jeans

ultimate goal is to end up binning my 14s and get back into my size 12s when my bum looked awesome lol! :laugh:
  • penelopiad
    Options
    At the end of today, I will have 3 of my 35 days achieved. My goal and reward by 35 days is to fit into my "skinny jeans."
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal is try and lose 8 pounds. I feel like I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds so I think this challenge will really help me. Also I'm one of those people who get on the scale everyday :blushing: but I'm going to challenge myself to only weigh myself once a week and then build myself up to 35 days.

Good luck with your goals everyone
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love this group idea, very motivating! Today will be my first day, my weight was 127.2 and I would love to drop 5-7 lbs. I am also going to try to hit up the gym 5-6 days a week.
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    I guess I'm starting today then. But I'm going to weigh in on Fridays as my motivation for not overeating on the weekends. My goal by the end of 35 days is to lose 5 lbs and be at 107 lbs.

Day 1 has been good so far. It's supposed to be my cheat meal day but I've decided against it because I want to meet my goal sooner.

Good luck all :D
    My mom had a good idea-- If weekends are your week spots, make it your goal to weigh yourself on Monday, so that as you eat those couple of days, it is with getting back on the scale in mind. =)
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    what a brilliant group! I guess im on day 2 as i started yesterday and stayed within my limit. At the end my treat (hopefully) will be to throw away my size 16 jeans as i shall be wearing my 14s - the last 2-3 times ive got into my 14s ive kept my 16s 'just in case' and guess what I grew back into them so this time they are getting binned so i NEVER wear them again and this will hopefully make me keep up the diet as I live in jeans

ultimate goal is to end up binning my 14s and get back into my size 12s when my bum looked awesome lol! :laugh:
    Good idea. Last time I got smaller than my pants, I grew back into them as well. =\ But in all honesty, I love my pants so much! I'd hate to get rid of them. I might see if I can get them tailored to fit me when I lose some weight.
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    My goal is try and lose 8 pounds. I feel like I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds so I think this challenge will really help me. Also I'm one of those people who get on the scale everyday :blushing: but I'm going to challenge myself to only weigh myself once a week and then build myself up to 35 days.

Good luck with your goals everyone
    I liked to get on the scale everyday, too, even if it was to see my weight drop by .3 pounds. Too see my diet "working". But with this goal, seeing the scale is pointless. Regardless, I will just be meeting my caloric limit. Because we know we will lose weight if we stick to the goal, and I think it would be much more rewarding to separate ourselves from the *powers of the scale* and focus instead on how we feel, or what we eat. I think it's straining when we watch the scale and witness every 1/2 pound we drop. It makes the whole trip seem so much harder! Imagine just waiting, and seeing 5-10+ pounds gone when you get on the scale next time. =)
  • pattysue2012
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Patty and I'm on day 1 and new here. I was doing well staying under goal then the last 3 days I went over. So I'm on the band wagon again and will do this challenge with all of you. I will just weigh myself on the first of the month and exercise at least 5 days
    week. So good luck and let's encourage each other!!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Thanks for the group invite :) I was at 6 days towards the goal but I overate by 100 cals today :( straight back to 0 dammit! First day in ages, aww well.

My goal will be to make sure I don't overeat and to do at least 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week! I hope to have dropped 5Ibs by the goal date (35 days)!

And Krista....that dog is SO cute :-D
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm starting today as Day 1. I'm hoping to either be down 7 lbs or to fit into a particular pair of jeans in 35 days. Whichever comes first. :)
  • BATICB
    BATICB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting today as Day 1. I'm hoping this challenge will help me better manage my food on weekends and to stay away from the scale. I can be obsessive and be on it first thing in the morning & again before bed. So I'm going to start by trying to weigh myself only once a week and build up from there :)
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    Welcome, you guys! I'm so happy you've joined. =)
  • SyntonicGarden
    Options
    Silly question - How does exercise fit into this? If I'm 48 cals over, can I hop on the treadmill and "fix" that?
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't think that was a silly question Syntonic cause I was thinking the same thing :) . So far I've been using exercise as I fix when I go over.
  • SyntonicGarden
    Options
    Thanks Sarina! :)
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My mom had a good idea-- If weekends are your week spots, make it your goal to weigh yourself on Monday, so that as you eat those couple of days, it is with getting back on the scale in mind. =)

Yeah weighing around the weekends is good motivation in general. I just do it before so I don't undo my work over the weekends.

Had a good 2nd day yesterday.
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    Silly question - How does exercise fit into this? If I'm 48 cals over, can I hop on the treadmill and "fix" that?
    Yup! :D
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    back to day 1 today : ( Went out last night and totally under estimated the amount of calories in that long island.

updated goal: include no drinking.