My introduction

Options
kc9lbd
kc9lbd Posts: 9 Member
I wanted to say hello to all my fellow Wisconsinites here. I live in Wausau. I would like to start running again however I am going to wait until the snow is gone. I am currently at 215 lbs and want to be down to 135lb.

Stephanie

Replies

• 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! I'm Lisa. I was just through Wausau today. Coming home from Tomahawk and Merrill for hockey. I just started running myself, I've been inspired by a friend I met through here and am doing my running on the treadmill for now. I'm using the Galloway method.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie. I'm Amy. Good to have you on here! I live in Marinette WI. I need to start training again for a race that is coming up rather quickly. M.A.Y. (Mentor A Youth) Race, held in the next town. :) Good luck!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say hello to all my fellow Wisconsinites here. I live in Wausau. I would like to start running again however I am going to wait until the snow is gone. I am currently at 215 lbs and want to be down to 135lb.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie! I'm Jenn. I live about 40 minutes north yet, but work in Wausau. I was never much of a runner before, but my first run a couple years ago with a friend (Run United in Merrill) and ended up liking it way more than I anticipated. Am now hoping to get back in running shape to do a few more 5K's this summer. :)

Welcome to MFP!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie. I'm Amy. Good to have you on here! I live in Marinette WI. I need to start training again for a race that is coming up rather quickly. M.A.Y. (Mentor A Youth) Race, held in the next town. :) Good luck!

Hi Stephanie! Just noticed you're from Marinette. I'll be coming to your area this weekend for a hockey tournie for my son ... anything interesting to do in your area that you'd recommend? Not sure how much time we'll have in between games, but are hoping to squeeze in a little fun. :)
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Hi Stephanie! Just noticed you're from Marinette. I'll be coming to your area this weekend for a hockey tournie for my son ... anything interesting to do in your area that you'd recommend? Not sure how much time we'll have in between games, but are hoping to squeeze in a little fun. :)

Jenny, there's a nice little mall in Marinette with an Applebee's that's all right. They also have a brand new Wal-Mart with a hockey department, (it's small, but why Shawano can't have one is beyond me!) And then there's the shipyard where they're building the battle ships, you'll have to drive over the bridge into Michigan in order to get a picture of the ship in Wisconsin, but it's really cool!