So, what's this group about?

Options
adalychee
adalychee Posts: 28 Member
So far, the only thread on this group is "Introductions". What do we want this group to be about? Do we just want to talk about things? To have challenges? To pair/group up and motivate similar people? What do you all think?

Replies

• Elkcan
    Elkcan Posts: 19
    Options
    I think all of those sound like great ideas! Maybe we could do like a 30-day challenge? And I think it would help everyone if they could friend people with similar goals or routines, which was one aim of the "Introductions" thread.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a 30 day challenge sounds good. Or we could combine that with a streak one that just requires at least one logged workout per day for a month.

Not sure how challenges work here. Could we do a weight-loss one since most of us are looking to lose a few as well as get in better shape? Can this be tracked by bodyweight % or lbs?
  • cute_leper
    cute_leper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30 day challenge idea! I feel like I've been losing steam the past two weeks and finally starting to get back on track of where I want to be. I feel like lbs lost would be the easiest for me as I only check my % once a month.
  • Elkcan
    Options
    What if we did something like an "Hours Exercised" type of challenge? That way not everybody would have to do the same things, but we could all have something to work for? So for example, I could set a personal goal to workout 30 hours in 30 days, but someone else could pick a completely different number of hours. So we're all working for a similar goal, but at whatever pace we're comfortable with.

EDIT: I came with more possible ideas for 30-day challenges
    30 days of 10,000 steps each day
    30 days no caffeine
    30 days no sugar
    30 days veggie/vegan
    30 days, water only
    15 miles walked in 30 days
    30 days to improve Presidents Challenge Adult Fitness Test results (http://www.adultfitnesstest.org/)
  • cute_leper
    cute_leper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like all of those ideas except no caffeine. Oh gosh, I don't even want to imagine my mornings without my cup of coffee.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options

30 days veggie/vegan

Done! I win! haha, good ideas!!! How do we actually do a challenge? Is it just kinda a thread where we "check in" or is there an actual challenge piece to this site?
  • fruitlooper
    fruitlooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I could never do no coffee either. It bothers me I'm addicted, but I love it way too much to care enough to quit.
  • fruitlooper
    fruitlooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How about a no weighing challenge? I've gone from every day to every second day, but even that makes me crazy.
  • Elkcan
    Options
    A no weighing challenge sounds like a great idea! I haven't owned a scale since mine one broke last year, so I guess that'd be super easy for me :)

Unfortunately I don't think that there is a tool to use on MFP, so I guess it'd just have to be a forum that we all check-in with, which I suppose means we could even have multiple challenges going on at the same time.
  • adalychee
    adalychee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Multiple challenged would be good, I think - it looks like everyone has different goals. How about we have three: a healthy habits challenge, a good nutrition challenge, and a fitness challenge? It looks like those are the general categories we've been talking about.
  • Elkcan
    Options
    Yeah, that's a perfect idea. I guess I can start the threads now and we can begin the 30-days on March 12th and end on April 10th.

EDIT: I started the 3 threads and randomly chose a challenge for each, except good nutrition. If you think a different challenge would be better just let me know and I can edit it! We've got 4-days to get everything started try to get more group members involved. Is there a way to message everybody in the group? Or is this discussion board the only way we can communicate?