Week 2 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Happy Monday to All,

I hope you all enjoyed last weeks mini challenges. It was great to see so many participants. If there is anything in particular that you are looking for please let me know.

:flowerforyou: Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Today try to analyze whether you are eating empty calories also know as "no nutritional value". The first thing that comes to mind is soda. If you are a soda drinker, lets make today a soda free day!!!
Cardio- do a 2 mile or 30 minute brisk walk.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)

:flowerforyou: Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Give up one of your comfort or must have foods for the full day and maybe continue the whole week.
Cardio- Do 100 jumping jacks throughout the day. Do low impact if jumping bothers you.
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO81bExngMI&feature=relmfu

:flowerforyou: Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Try to prepare from scratch everything you eat today. If it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare or comes in a box, chances are it is not the healthiest.
Cardio- power knees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6AVmC9C8U. If you have bad knees try doing a brisk 30 minute walk.
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups

:flowerforyou: Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio/Strength- Circuit Training, Do the following circuit three times. 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 squats.

:flowerforyou: Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below your allowed calorie limit. Try to eat at least 6 times a day. Have 3 main meals and 3 light snacks of around 100 calories throughout the day.
Cardio- Interval training. Warm up for 5 minutes, jog for 1 minute, walk for 1 minute, X8 reps, cool down for 5 minutes
Strength- Can't ever do enough crunches. Lets do 125 (3 different kinds)

:flowerforyou: Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (fruits, vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Saturday is my house cleaning day and actually burns a fair amount of calories. Move the furniture and give a thorough clean today.

:flowerforyou: Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today, take a leisurely walk outside with your children, pet or just yourself and enjoy the world around you.

Note: Please make sure you stretch before and after all exercise to avoid injuries.

Keep Smiling:smile::wink: :smile:

Donna

Replies

• smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Fallen off the wagon the last two days. Looking forward to this week's challenges. Have a great evening!
  • pittures
    pittures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    looking forward to it,, these all seem manageable

(will post my weigh in on Tues, as I'll be away from home and my scales on Monday)
  • amandaew83
    amandaew83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Thank you : )
  • Malisha83
    Malisha83 Posts: 14
    Options
    This is going to be a great week. Good luck everyone.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Y did I gain this past week???
    New week, Goal for me more veggies veggies
    i know i can i know i can (we can)
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Today try to analyze whether you are eating empty calories also know as "no nutritional value". The first thing that comes to mind is soda. If you are a soda drinker, lets make today a soda free day!!!-Check. I have been making a more conscious effort to eat things like fruits and veggies. I cut out pop a while ago.
    Cardio- do a 2 mile or 30 minute brisk walk. -I walk to work every day so that is my 2 miles. I also had spin class this AM.
    Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)-between spin and working out at home I did standard, sides, in/outs, twists and on the stability ball.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did it gave up something, I gave up buying starbucks at work.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

Food- Give up one of your comfort or must have foods for the full day and maybe continue the whole week. Bombed on this one unless you count switching from regular peanut butter over to PB2. Other than that I ate like crazy yesterday but I burned over 1200 calories so I was in the green.
    Cardio- Do 100 jumping jacks throughout the day. Do low impact if jumping bothers you. check. I also biked, walked and did the elliptical for a total of 25 miles yesterday.
    Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO81bExngMI&feature=relmfu -check.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Tuesday check in:

Food- Give up one of your comfort or must have foods for the full day and maybe continue the whole week. - Giving up caffeine for the week as i'm becoming far too reliant on it!
    Cardio- Do 100 jumping jacks throughout the day. Do low impact if jumping bothers you. - Did about 50 total.
    Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO81bExngMI&feature=relmfu - Always forget the strength training part as I have my own strength routine I do.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    cardio- I ran 4 miles today,might do power-knees later
    strenght: have done the push ups :sad:
    We don't eat processed food anymore and cook every day. We had savoy cabbage-potato stew and tonight we're going to eat kale chips (first time I made them, so delicious)
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wednesday results.

Food: Everything I ate was homemade today (Supper thanks to my husband)
    Cardio: walked 4 miles with Leslie with weights
    Strength: Did 80 pushups and 50 crunches

Scale is finally going down. Yippee:love::love:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Thursday:
    stayed below 500 sodium:-) That's a great achievement.
    Couldn't do the JJs because my knees are a bit sore and I seem to have a callous :sad:
    Did 50 squats and 50 crunches. Walked 5 miles with ..(LS dvd)
    I'm really enjoying the challenges:happy: , but not the callous
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Options
    Checking in for the past couple of day:
    Wednesday Mini Challenge:
    Food- Try to prepare from scratch everything you eat today. If it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare or comes in a box, chances are it is not the healthiest. . Nope....I brought a salad in for lunch (which was not enough to fill me up) and then ended up out on the road for meetings so I hit the gas station for snacks! Went over on calories as well.
    Cardio- power knees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6AVmC9C8U. If you have bad knees try doing a brisk 30 minute walk. -check. Knees didn't do too bad with these.
    Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups -check, although I was a wimp and did them on my knees!

Thursday Mini Challenge:
    Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.--nope. Another rotten day with my food intake.
    Cardio/Strength- Circuit Training, Do the following circuit three times. 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 squats. --I did these on Friday morning as I was wiped out by the time I got home from work so I made them part of my Friday drills.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Complete fail on Wednesday's mini challenge :ohwell: BUT I totally rocked Thursdays!

Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg. - CHECK, was under by over 1000 mg!!
    Cardio/Strength- Circuit Training, Do the following circuit three times. 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 squats. CHECK, CHECK, AND CHECK!! So excited that I finally remembered to do these today :happy:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Sodium under control and did all mini challenges except cleaning yesterday . I'll do that today:sad:
    Have had a good week and feel really energized since I eat more. 1200 was too little, I was always hungry.
    Have a great Sunday everybody