How is everybody doing?

Options
skylark94
skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
I see the weigh in sticky has been dead for a few weeks.

Status reports anyone?

Replies

• Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I left the scale in at home while I was in Aiken for 9 days. Heading home now so I'll let you know in the morning! I feel great though. I went running almost every morning and spent a lot of time in the saddle :) How are things going for you?
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am having more NSV since I do not own a scale. I am pleased so far. My sugar cravings are all gone, I had a piece of candy bar the other day and was turned off by it. I know that if I moved more or lifted weights, my weight would come off faster, but there are just not enough hours in the day.

Thank god day light savings is nearly here. I could use some extra "day" time.
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    blah computer ate my first response!

Work is about to calm down since the last yearling sale is next week. So no more early mornings! YAY! But does mean that winter is almost here :( BOOOOOO!

I'm fairly happy with how I am doing. My running is coming along nicely and I am up to running 5-6 minutes straight which i think is very conservative since I did do a stretch of about 13 minutes the other day. Just got into a really nice pace. So I think I can probably push myself a bit more.

Eating ... that has been a bit iffy the past week or so. That needs to be improved. And need a kick in the pants to actually write in down on a consistant basis.

And speaking of getting a kick in the butt, I am looking for a "work out buddy" or someone to hold me accountable on a daily basis. Basically partner up and can check on each other on a daily or every couple day type thing. Someone to say "yes you need to go for a run" when I'm trying to get out of it.

Any takers??!! Give me a shout or leave a note here.

P.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am good about getting after people about their food intake, the exerciser, not so much.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I injured my knee a few weeks ago, so I haven't been exercising. It was so bad that it was painful to walk, painful to sit in a normal position with it bent, and painful to drive. So lots of NSAIDS and sitting around with my leg propped up. Physical therapy starts Thursday. Very frustrating, since I had been doing so well.

Thankfully I still managed to lose a little bit of weight since being laid up, and I've lost a total of 14 lbs since joining mfp with the CotH crowd Jan 1. That puts me at 199lbs, so finally under 200. Another 14 and I'll be 185, which would make me overweight instead of obese.

Ona has been great about keeping tabs on everyone. I'm super impressed by her.
  • krs4747
    krs4747 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Doing great! I've been crazy busy with work and the gym and riding 2 horses, but have managed to keep everything in step. Since the beginning of Jan I'm down 12.6 lbs. At my one month reprogram at the gym I wasn't down much in the way of measurements, but that will come. I wasn't thrilled to see my calf go up a little bit tho. My tall boots barely fit as it is!

Slowly but surely, it's coming off. 37.7 lbs to go. :-) 4-H show (have to support the 4-H kids!) next weekend and schooling show the weekend after that. Will definately be getting lots of riding/exercise in.
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's awesome everyone is doing so well!

Things are going well for me too. I've been running a lot- yesterday I ran 3 miles for the first time ever! I have my eyes on a 5k that's coming up in a few weeks. Still getting up the nerve to actually mail in the sign up sheet, but it's all filled out and sitting on my desk :)

I've been doing pretty well about eating better, it's definitely not perfect at all, but progress from how I used to eat. I'm actually on the plane right now heading off to visit some extended family for the weekend and I'm a little nervous how this will go. They aren't healthy eaters at all and I know they want to take me to a great bakery and do some things like that. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to enjoy myself and still keep from going completely overboard. I tried to make sure I had a good sized calorie deficit for a few days early this week, so I'm hoping that'll help even out some indulgences over the next few days!

Also want to thank everyone who comments on my eating and exercise posts, the moral support really helps me!
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking these past few days and not signing in as much (life got in the way) but I'm still on track, still watching what I'm eating and still trying to exercise most days.
    It helps that we can take the horses to the indoor on a regular basis, so I can actually work a sweat trotting, cantering and jumping (and my horse is sweating at all the right places too, yay!) and I'm trying to take Zumba classes more often than Pilates at the gym, since I burn way more calories that way, and it's so energizing!

We had a 70 degree day today. ALL the snow is gone. It feels like late Spring!
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    Well I suffered the inevitable "high enthusiasm start - early results - then, oh man this is becoming a slog" slump. Partly I have a lot going on in my life... but then who doesn't.

Had to do a bit of a re-program. After all, I want this to be FOR LIFE, not for NOW. I do find that I am making more conscious choices, and realizing that there really is a correlation between calories in and calories out. (Not rocket science, I know!)

Support has been key, I just find that I let myself down & don't know how you guys are all doing SO well with staying accountable. I wish I had some more real-life interaction, I think it would help. However, with summer coming, I am already feeling better & know I will be spending far more time outside, which is great.

Let's keep the momentum going, guys, I think we have a good thing going here.
  • spacehorse79
    spacehorse79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had to do a bit of a re-program. After all, I want this to be FOR LIFE, not for NOW. I do find that I am making more conscious choices, and realizing that there really is a correlation between calories in and calories out. (Not rocket science, I know!)

This is really how I am thinking too...this needs to be a life change, NOT a diet! I have been making non drastic changes so I can adjust to them -rather than go cold turkey no carb like my husband does. He loses 15 lbs in 2 weeks but then completely falls off the wagon within a month cause he cannot maintain it.