I got my dress.. now what?!

Options
hillm12345
hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
LOL!

Over Christmas, my FMIL and I went and picked out the perfect dress. Now the trick is... accessorizing. I am looking online all over the place for the perfect necklace, the perfect shoes, and the perfect everything... my issue is though I want to be able to try things on. I'm finding that wedding boutiques have limited supplies and often not many choices.. any suggestions of retail stores that would have better selection of shoes or jewelry? I'm looking for a costume jewelry type necklace and some either purple or blue shoes.. Oh.. and I live in the US. Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YAYAY! what does the dress look like???
    as for jewelry - thats going to be hard. what kind of pricepoint are you looking for?
    I always find Bloomingdales has the best accessories - you can also try for Nordstrom Rack?
    as for the shoes - its not retail, but I love 6pm.com
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem. I thought I had my shoes then I tried them on with my dress and I HATED them. I've been looking in magazines, checking out zappos.com, stopping at the mall to check out different stuff in person. I want blue shoes but I think I'm starting to open my mind a little to some other options as well.

For the jewelry, I've been asking family members if there is anything anyone would be willing to lend me. If I don't find something I want that way, I have a local beading shop where I am getting earrings made for my bridesmaid and maid of honor. I think I will have them make me something if I can't find something. They do really beautiful work starting at about $40 depending on materials. I noticed you were in Arizona, you should be able to find some artisan jewelry makers in your area that aren't crazy expensive.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I have no skills with accessorizing. I'm pretty much going to have to let other people dress me ;)
    Oh boy, I haven't even thought about shoes yet! I should get on that. I just know they'll be flats because my fiance is the same height as I am and I don't want to tower over him.
    My mom is making a necklace for me, and I have a backup to borrow from a friend in case I don't love what she makes.