New to myfitnessplan need help with GF food tracker

Options
Hey everyone
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease three years ago and have been stuck to the diet. However, I have gained some pounds I want to lose so I have started to use the myfitnesspal. The only problem is when I use the food tracker it was really hard for me to find the gluten free foods I had been eating. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Replies

• solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What GF foods in particular? There are a surprising number of GF products already in the food database, though by various names. Can you give me specific examples so I can provide more specific feedback? Well done sticking with the GF life - it's such a challenge in the beginning (by that I mean first year or more for most people, me included)!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Are the foods you're eating your own recipes or foods you're buying pre-packaged?
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Anyone GF feel free to add me as a Friend to see my food diary.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You can always add your own food to the data base, so that they are there when you eat them again.

I have had to do that for many many many items.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    so far, I've had good luck by typing in the food - followed by a comma and "gluten free", for example, for Rudi's gluten free bread, type in "bread, gluten free" and then look for the brand. It's there...
    if it's a recipe, I log in the ingredients in the recipe area and get the data for one serving
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I scan (barcode on the package) most of my food with my phone and it is very convenient. When I cook a lot I usually load the recipe if I don't already know the nutrition values. You can also add new foods and load their nutritional values.