Your Journey ... Your Destination

Options
Since we are going to be in this together, and be each others support team I thought it would be nice to have a place to introduce our selves, and perhaps tell a little about your weight gain/loss journey..and where you want to be.

ME: My name is Amber, I used to weigh 306lbs 2.5 years ago. I was a size 28. Today I weigh in at 204lbs and I am fitting into a size 16. I am a mom to Amelia, who's 7 and so proud of her mommy. I want to live a healthy lifestyle, a active lifestyle and I am done sitting by the sidelines watching life happen and not being a part of it. I am not perfect, and I still have cravings for fast food at times, but now I understand that just asking for no mayo, eliminates 100 calories off the burger I am going to consume, and a smaller burger like Whopper Jr. will usually take care of the craving and limit the calories. I have learned that no fry is a healthy fry. A kiddie cone at McDonalds is less then 100 calories and great for a ice cream fix. Currently I work 6 days a week, and still try to squeeze in the gym 2x a week. I joined the Monday Fitness / Nutrition class to help get in an extra workout, childcare provided gives me no excuse. I still have 60lbs to loose and I would like to be healthy and back in shape by 2013.

How about you?

Replies

• bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your success and I hope it continues...Yes I still crave fast food from time to time, but when it happens I still will not do a burger or a fry and if I do it is with all the fixing except cheese and mayo and katchup....mustard is my friend on all sandwiches
    except blts and tuna. Wendys and subway are my places of choice. I look at fried foods as my worse enemy...at times it is hard having an expectant daughter in the household who craves everything. I have a longgggg journey ahead of me I need to lose way more than most. for starters my goal is 50 and a total of 100. but fifty pounds lighter before November of this year is my goal. Lets stay motivated and encouraged by the Lord and each other
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I too have a lot to lose (about 150 pounds). But I figure we have a lot more to gain. I want to glorify God with my body (which belongs to Him, not me). With this journey we will be overcomers, learning to die daily, growing in relationships with fellow soldiers, and relying on the only One who can bring about real change in us. Woohoo!

It is encouraging and inspirational to see what God has done in some of this site's participants. 100+ pounds is a miracle and an accomplishment!

I am 46 tomorrow, and have always hated how fat I was (even when I wasnt that big). I am a wife and a mother of two, grandmother of three. I also have two chihuahua mixes (they rescued us) named Chich and Chawng. I have a VERY supportive husband and mother. I recently came to a crossroads about what my next life phase would be. I was caring for my MIL and she has moved into a full care facility. After much prayer and discussion, my husband felt I should stay at home and concentrate on my health for a year or so. This means I must take this opportunity seriously and OBEY the Lord in caring for something that is very precious to Him. I am VERY intent on focusing on the positive in my thoughts, words, and deeds. It seems amazing that with one mustard seed of faith, He does so much. Something to remember.

Be blessed and thanx in advance for your prayers and encouragement. LET'S DO THIS LADIES!
  • ANMUR43
    ANMUR43 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am a mother of four, and grandmother of four. I have been married for 38 years to my first boyfriend. I started really taking my weight seriously, when my knee was making me a cripple at 56. I talked to a surgeon about knee replacement, and he talked me out of it. I then remembered OA, Overeaters Anonymous. I looked for a group in my area and started going every week since September. I found a sponsor, carry the book bag for the meetings, and am following the healthiest food plan ever.
    Most importantly, I am giving my will to God. He has been helping me do the impossible. I have lost 30 lbs. so far, with approx. 30 to go.
    I had given up trying to lose weight, because I had tried on my own so many times and failed.
    OA and God are my strength.
  • lplace80
    lplace80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I turned 50 last fall, and have been going through a great deal of emotions the past 7 months. Turning a decade older, becoming a Grandmother for the first time, and having our last child start his senior year in High School was just all a bit much for me. Not to mention facing the "empty nest" in the fall. Our 3 sons were born almost 5-6 years apart in age, so for the past 30 years we have had 1 or more children living with us. To realize that it will be back to just the 2 of us and the feeling of not being needed is hard for me to handle. I spent a great deal of time praying that God would help me deal with all these "firsts", and "lasts" in my life. Now as our youngest is about to graduate, and our 2nd grandchild is due the end of April I have come to the realization, that it is time for ME to take care of ME! As I said I am a mother of 3 son's, and have been married to my husband for 31 years. My whole life has been about my husband, and sons, and now....I realize it is time and it is ok for me to focus on myself. So...I started on Myfitness about a month ago. My oldest Son and his wife told me about the website. The first 2 weeks went great, and now...the more I try to limit my calories the more I want to eat....frustrating. I had not added in exercise, but know that is the only way I'm going to really make progress and reach my goal of 90 pounds! I'm trying to become healthier for myself and for my family. I just want to feel good when I look in the mirror.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome that the Lord has us focusing on Him-in-US for now. I also made sure the hubby:love: and the wee ones were cared for and nurtured. Only recently have I learned that God loves us soooooo. Loves ME. and He wants me to care for others, but not neglect His very precious ME. This is difficult for me. I will let others in line in front of me until the store closes. I will go without so others can have luxury. I love to be a blessing. However, now I am at a point (how did I get here?) where I realize I am not glorifying God in my body, His temple. When I view my needs as His desire, I am free to obey without condemnation.

I am excited for you in your new life phase. I heard once that some Indian tribe believed that the FUTURE determines the PRESENT. I pondered this over and over. Isnt it the past that determined the present and the present determines the future? But then a friend of mine got engaged to be married after a long courtship. That future (wedding) date determined EVERYTHING she thought, said, and did.

I think when we get to the end of one of our phases, or complete a huge goal (graduate, marry, send kids off to college, walk daughters down the aisle, etc) we forget that there is another phase we are stepping into and another huge goal for the future. Once that is revealed to you, you will know what to do in this present. Once we commit to the commitment (lol) it will influence everything we think, say, and do!
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi...My name s Julie. I have 4 kids 14 and 12 (step but not really) and 4 and 2. I have been married 9 years in Nov. My unfortunate weight gain was mostly thanks to pre-eclampsia with both boys. When I got pregnant with Dagwood I was about 190 (not great but not horrible...I'm 5'10 so it's hard to see extra weight in the right places) . I started to look very very sick at about 26 or 27 weeks but all tests were normal (except for the water weight). ..went in for my 32 week appt and my dr peeked in the room laughed at me looking like a blimp and said I'll be right back...needless to say I was in the hospital that day and had him 3 days later. I look back at pics and video that my husband took and I wonder how I am still alive...I am truely blessed to have made it through that time. Once my body recovered from all that I started on a weightloss mission only to get pregnant...blew up like a balloon again...spent 2 weeks on bed rest in the hospital...if I had weighed myself I am pretty sure i would have been very close to 300 lbs!!! Oscar came 2 weeks after Dagwoods birthday and 1 day before his sisters ;-) I lost 50 easy cause it was all water and then slacked off. Last year I got down to about 230 and now this year I am on a mission. The Lord blessed my family with great athletisism. I played volleyball in college my brother and my dad played baseball in college. So.. I am the mom of two little boys who already show signs of ability in all sports and I DO NOT want to be the fat mom with the super tall athletic boys!!!!! So..this is the day that the Lord has made...and I will use i to become the mom, wife and woman that God wants and needs me to be!!
    Good luck to you all...
    I was really happy to see this group open today!
  • bettyclv
    Options
    Amen amen amen,,,we shall be encouraged through the Lord as we strive to live according to His will and purpose, and the more we treat our bodies like His temple,which it is, the more we will succeed. thank you for your uplifting words in the Lord and yes we can do this because He said we can....And with God all things are possible. All we have to do is try and in our trying keep the belief and faith which leads to hope, praise and success. A long journey is a good journey when it is done in the name of the Lord. I too want to serve Him and I am today. But my weight has kept me from serving Him and spending time with my family in full capacity. I want to live and be totally happy with myself, so that I can make others happy and also help the needy in my community, if not all over the world. Be blessed and yessssss we can do it...thank you Jesus...keep on talking and encouraging..Im here
  • bettyclv
    Options
    Amen and yes you can, let the Lord and you family continue to be your motivation...God made you in His image we are His best and want strive to give Him our best and do are best and it starts off with being healthy and humble and helpful to others..keep it going:happy:
  • bettyclv
    Options
    In every meal make sure you are getting the protein in this is what helps to make us full and keep us energized, this is what my nutritionist told me when I told her I was still hungry after eating a meal in a matter of an 30 min to an hour later, now that I drink plenty of water before eating and sometimes I will have an apple 30 min prior to my main meal. Prayer and exercise is the only way. You have to burn the calories and fat and also working out helps you to eat less and think about eating better foods. Sometimes when we feel hungry it is just our bodies craving water instead of food. So try drinking plenty of water. and makes sure you get a snack in . like if you have lunch at noon, then by 3pm you can have a snack and 3 hours after that is dinner time, and before nine if you are hungry like around 7 or 8 have another snack. We need to encourage and help each other, do not let discouragement get the best of you. Let God be your guide and motivation most of all then your family. God encourages me through His word which I read daily before I do anything He is first. Wanting to serve God in full capacity is encouraging to me and the need to spend time with and take care of my grand babies and the new one on the way gives me even more encouragement to not give up. God loves you for who you are always remember that....blessings
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    On Sunday 3/25 I hit 199!!! That's 107lbs from my heaviest point 2 years ago. I have lost 37lbs since August (7 months). I am sooo stoked and happy! No going back to the 2's for me.. all done with them! I am also out of Women's sizes and can now shop in the regular misses sizes.. no more plus.

Has anyone else hit any milestones? goals?
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    On Sunday 3/25 I hit 199!!! That's 107lbs from my heaviest point 2 years ago. I have lost 37lbs since August (7 months). I am sooo stoked and happy! No going back to the 2's for me.. all done with them! I am also out of Women's sizes and can now shop in the regular misses sizes.. no more plus.

Has anyone else hit any milestones? goals?

GOOD FOR YOU!!! That is my next goal...can't wait!!
  • missmunchkin7
    Options
    I'm 19, no kids or anything, but I go to college and I want to become a teacher. My dream is to be healthy and fit so that one day when I'm playing with my nieces or nephews or the students I one day have, I can play with them without feeling fat or winded. I have lost 16 pounds so far (since January), which is not a lot, but it's still something. I plan to keep losing a pound or two a week and keeping it off :)
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    Every pound counts! 16 Pounds in 3 months is AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work.