HELP! Jaime Eason's calorie counting?

FitnessDoll87
FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
Specifically for those doing the live fit program.

Hello everyone! I just started wk 7 of live fit and had a question about her calorie counting method. So she said take your ideal weight and multiply by 10, then add 200-500 calories. I'm 5'1, So for me my goal weight is 105-110. So following her own personal example I should be eating 1250-1600 calories a day depending on what body group i'm working out.

Is that supposed to be net or total? I'm assuming its total since she doesn't say anything about net, but does that sound too low considering that according to my heart rate monitor I burn anywhere from 600-1000 kcals doing the workout?

I usually do her workout and then add some stuff if I feel like I can spare the time and want a more well rounded workout. I usually spend 2-3 hrs at the gym depending on my schedule, but usually 2 hrs.

Even on an short day where I burn 450kcals, that would still leave me with a net of 800cals after eating 1250.

What have you been doing? Where does your net fall after you complete your diary? Do you worry about having "too low" of a net, or do you just follow what she says? I'm assuming Jaime Eason knows what she's doing, but the MPF community seems to really frown upon not eating enough.

Should I eat more since sometimes i'm working out a little more than what she planned?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    I have quite honestly not been following the calorie counting. I have my calories set at 1920 normally if not more. But my best guess would be that it is total calories when she references it, I would though eat back the additional exercise calories when you workout more....

Just my two cents on the questions :wink:
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    It is definitely NET CALORIES. you NEVER want to eat less than 1200cal/day unless your doctor prescribes it.
    The more calories you burn the more you get to eat! just don't eat empty calories,