Another cheap HRM - Lidl

Options
According to the Lidl brochure that's just come through my door Lidl have a HRM for £14.99 from Monday 12th

*A precise training aid to help monitor your performance
*Easy-to-read LCD display
*Heart rate is wirelessly transmitted from chest strap to watch
*With bike mount
*Features include:
- Current, average and max. heart rate
- Stopwatch
- Time, timer, calendar, alarm and hour chime
- Pedometer and kilometre/miles counter
- BMI calculator and calories/fat burnt display
*Available in black/red or black/grey
*Batteries included
*3 year manufacturer’s warranty

UK_68547_01_b.jpg

Replies

• boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That looks fab, thanks for the heads up x
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of purchasing this or the Lloyds Pharmacy one....

Anyone have experience with Llloyds or can weigh out the pros and cons?
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    My Mum got the Lloyds and tbh I wish I'd known about this one before, as I think this would have been better for her.

The Lloyds one is good for the money and seems pretty accurate but the face can be difficult to read. This Lidl one seems to do more, but not having used it/seen it I can't comment accurately.

Not much help I know sorry.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've only had the Lloyds one a day but I like it so far. The face can be a little difficult to read (took me a while to figure out where the backlight was, then it wasn't so bad... but there's some really tiny text on some parts, like 'age' 'kg' etc that wouldn't be good for anyone with bad eyes)
    It's accurate though, and pretty comfortable.
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Complet star ! Will get the OH to check it out Monday.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    just what I need thank you
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bought a similar one from aldi last year 'crane' brand, it's great and I only paid about £12. I imagine the lidl one is v similar.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Seems a bargain!
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    Bump - this should be in the shops tomorrow :smile:
  • ravihira1892
    Options
    Just purchased mine today :). Took good 10minutes to set few things up but its really comfy & will let everyone know what its like by the end of the week!
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I bought one of these and its pretty good. It's my first hrm so i cant really compare it but it works well and is giving me accurate readings. Fairly simple to set up, chest strap & watch are comfy, it does the job so for £14.99 it's a bargain.
  • ravihira1892
    Options
    Have been using this only few times & works perfectly. watch is comfy, strap is comfy unless you intend to wear it the whole day to track your heart rate & calories then it can become annoying. Its waterproof which is a bonus.

Overall 8/10.

Great offer from Lidl!
  • RoybieOfTheRovers
    RoybieOfTheRovers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought one of these from Lidl and it was quite good for a while. Then it started losing its settings and then died completely. I changed the battery but this was not the problem.

I have just purchased a Garmin Forerunner. It is not really fair to compare the two since the Garmin cost ten times more than the Lidl one and is more than just an HRM. But one thing that is worth noting is that the calorie burn that the Garmin gives me is about 20% less than the Lidl device.

The backlight on the Lidl one is also rubbish.
  • adamsunman
    adamsunman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Heads up ! :) - Roybie, I guess it's a good (and cheap) way of getting used to a HRM, and also lets you work out what you actually want to see in the analytics!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I got one of these but mine was only £12.99! Also not like the picture and i didn't get a choice in colour. With a 3 year guarantee why not!?

Seems good, its my first hrm so cant say what its like against another but i like it.

Aldi also have some in which are also £12.99.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    oh wow, i never shop there but will have to pop in
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap one at Tesco £19, and I am not sure if it is me or the watch.

Are you meant to always spit on the belt thing? I put a little saliva there but sometimes the same exercises will show half the calories...You guys think the problem is me doing something wrong? any advise from other cheap HRM users? ;-)
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I splashed out £2.99 on Amazon for bottle of electro gel. The stuff the squirt on mums belly when they are doing a scan. Just a small squirt and it works perfectly everytime.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I splashed out £2.99 on Amazon for bottle of electro gel. The stuff the squirt on mums belly when they are doing a scan. Just a small squirt and it works perfectly everytime.

Thanks for that! Think I will do the same then
    :-)
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've got a Polar one, but just wet the strap with water as per instructions - never had a problem with it.