Active Life in Tallahassee

Options
Greetings! I'm a Tallahassee local and I'm on my trek to drop 30 pounds before my wedding (Oct 2013). One of my methods of reaching this goal is trying to lead a more active lifestyle. I have joined Gold's Gym and hired a trainer. However, I'm trying to keep my body in motion when I'm away from the gym. Yesterday, I took my first Zumba class at the Walker-Ford Community Center. All I can say is amazing! Not only was this my first Zumba class, but it was also my first public exercise class! Needless to say I will be back. At the conclusion of the class, class members took a brisk walk around the block! It felt great to be around women all working toward the same goals. I have said all this to say, please share with me any other programs you all may know of that keep you moving. I'm looking for additional workouts, outside of the gym to shock my body. Thanks in advance! - Janie

Replies

• SandyMilton
    SandyMilton Posts: 130
    Options
    Hello! I also go to the gym some nights and have a personal trainer, but on the nights I don't go to the gym, I go to karate classes. I practice Tang Soo Do at Peterson's up on Tharpe on the west side of town. Not all classes are a high intensity type of class, but they are very well rounded. Been going about a year and a half now and I love learning an art that will help keep me fit, as well as an art that is a wonderful self defense!