Damn Scale is going in the garbage

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
I am so aggrivated again today. How is it that I gained a pound since yesterday if I exercised for an hour and was under my calorie goal by 200? This is getting really frustrating and I am starting to lose hope that I am ever going to lose this weight. I was so discouraged this morning... :(

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am so aggrivated again today. How is it that I gained a pound since yesterday if I exercised for an hour and was under my calorie goal by 200? This is getting really frustrating and I am starting to lose hope that I am ever going to lose this weight. I was so discouraged this morning... :(

My advice to you: stay off the scale.

I'm having the same problem. I fell off the wagon about 3 months ago, since then I've maintained a certain weight (above what I was of course). Anyways, I started doing Turbofire 2 weeks ago, along with eating my recommended calories every single day without fault. I have lost absolutely nothing. It's discouraging to think that I was the same weight eating fried foods and pizza as I am working out and eating veggies and fruits, BUT, something has to be changing. Maybe it's not the number (yet) and maybe it's not the inches (yet) but SOMETHING is changing. Your body has to get used to the changes you're making. I recommend staying off the scale. Last time I did turbofire, I lost NO weight, but the difference in pictures was huge. Start taking pictures girl :))
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had that problem week 3! The next week I upped my calories to average around 1500 and dropped 3lbs. Not to be a broken record but make sure you are eating enough :) Also you have been sick and your body may be adjusting, keep up the awesome work, I know you are killing it!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged.....we all experience those fluctuations buts you just hang in there, in time that scale will start moving in your favor. So dig that damn scale out of the garbage, make friends with it and keep pressing play!!!! I find myself more frustrated if I weigh myself every day. I now just weigh myself on Monday mornings.
  • brookef81
    Options
    You girls are SO right, but it just sucks that it takes 3 weeks to lose 3 lbs and then in two days, it comes back. Ok, scale will come out of the garbage, but I think I may hide it until my weigh day.
  • sandymck413
    sandymck413 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    your not along as you can see, the scale is not our friend so don't expect that it is. If you will see your progress in the way your clothes fit and how you feel.:flowerforyou:
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Also, remember when you are building muscle your body holds onto water for a short period to help "repair" the tissue and make it stronger. This could be it or it could be many other things. My weight fluctuates daily anywhere from 1 to 3lbs. Don't stress and keep at it! (By the way, I hate my scale sometimes too)
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    scales suck, measuring tape, clothes or calipers are a much better indicator of progres my scale weight loss has slowed to a crawl but I am seeing very obvious changes everywhere else :)
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 and I thought the EXACT same thing this morning when I was up 2.4 pounds. But then, after Fire 45 EZ this morning, I went to the closet to put on my jeans. I grabbed the wrong jeans...the ones I hadn't fit in the last time I tried...Dang things fit! I stood in the mirror confused...these aren't the Lane Bryant jeans, but they fit, so they must be. Took them off and examined the tag. Nope, not the LB jeans. OMG! I do have to say, though, that I hope that darned scale starts moving soon. I know that is what the doctors look at and "Obese" is such a mean word!
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Finished CLX ..
    started weight: 123
    Final weight : 121.5
    Down 2 sizes :) ...
    Stupid numbers ! :drinker:
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I haven't lost in two weeks, feeling really hungry...just as an experiment I upped my water...I mean WAY up. Doubled it, even though I was drinking 8 cups a day. Had a cheeky look this morning and big surprise (don't want to jinx it by saying!) but honestly, I think it's that our muscles are working hard, we're sweating a lot, and we probably need to drink tons of water to keep from retaining!

Also, you've lost 3 inches (amazing!) and you can definitely tell in the pics you posted! I bet you're building lots of sexy muscle under there and the fat is burning off. You're doing a fabulous job, stay strong and be patient and you'll get there!
  • remilucks
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged. My weight loss has been very slow...last week was my best week and somehow I lost 1/2 a pound...which could have just been water...ugh. Anyway, I put on pants today that were tight two weeks ago and I had more room in them than before. LIke others have said, stay off the scale for a couple of weeks. There is no doubt that if you are working out and eating right that the weight will come off eventually...everyone's body reacts differently too change :-) Keep it up!!!
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I soooo feel you Brooke,
    I felt like that last week, and I remeber being so discouraged I didn't work out that day. Its really hard work, but I had to jump back on the wagon and not be so hard on myself. But seriously though, I have heard and am seriosly hoping and praying that month 2 is when the results of weight loss comes in. Month 1 of TF, is like conditioning and building lean muscle (i guess). I even dropped my calories too, but the scale still isn't moving like i want it too. UGH!!!!!
  • brookef81
    Options
    Thanks girls! Today was the first morning I DID NOT step on that darn scale! LOL

I hid it and I am not going to use it for a week. We shall see what happens. I love this group, you all made me feel so much better!
    I am ready to Turbo today!