Eyesight

Options
oregonbowgirl
oregonbowgirl Posts: 20 Member
Has anyone ever had eyesight issues?? Blind spots?

Replies

• SuperTonya3
    Options
    Yes.

I am almost completely blind in my left eye. It happened in August of '10. It was optic neuritis. I went to bed fine and woke up with a big gray fuzzy spot in the center of my vision. As the day progressed, the gray spot got bigger until it almost completely covered my vision. It started the chain of events that led to my MS diagnosis.

I did 3 days if IV steroids and an oral taper. My vision improved only slightly. It's been a year and a half now and there will be no more improvement.

I am stuck with a gray haze over my vision, loss of color, and a blind spot in the middle.

There was also some eye pain involved, that was no fun.
  • oregonbowgirl
    oregonbowgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that REALLY SUCKS!! Well the day I posted was the 2nd day & it has only got worse since then. I am really glad you responded I am sorry it took so long re posting I haven't been even logging on FP. I am eating good not exercising as much ( a lil dizzy) I am angry & I am angry that I am angry!!!! I don't even get to see my DR until the 4th and what will he do then if anything?
    It helps to vent to someone who understands
    If you have found any cool ways to help make yourself feel better please share!!!
    I think we are still pretty new at the whole MS thing.

Jenifer
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I lost all vision is my right eye. Did nothing for about 2 weeks then went to the dr, was sent for an MRI then was sent to a neurologist that put me in the hospital for IV steriod treatment and additional testing. Once I was discharged, I was put on prednisone and regained full vision. I'm so sorry for the permanent gray spot...that is awful! :frown:
  • KerrieB40
    KerrieB40 Posts: 13
    Options
    My eyesight has changed. My right eye has episodes of being more blurry than normal. I also sometimes see things squiggling/wiggling which is very odd to describe.
  • Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have that too. I describe it like the computer program called Photoshop. When you start distorting the photo, that's what my vision is like. It's like an Optical Migraine. Except it's only in one spot in my eye. A squiggly moving vision distortion.