40 something mother of 3 here!

karenps21
karenps21 Posts: 9 Member
Hello I'm 41 and have 3 children ages 11, 8 and 5. I've been trying to lose my last 15 lbs for the last 2 years and have not been successful. I exercise 4-5 times per week, I use MFP to track my calories, I'll lose 2 lbs here and 3 lbs there, but then my weight keeps going back up. I do have my bad days when I eat too much junk (usually on the weekends), but I'm good for most of the week. I'm not sure why I can lose the these 15 lbs. I know there are definitely 2 reasons I'm not doing well and they are probably because:

a.) I don't get enough sleep
b.) I'm under a lot of stress (but doesn't everyone have stress in their lives)

I'm here for give and get support and to hear how others are losing weight!

Karen

Replies

• SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Hello Karen and welcome to the group. I hope you will find the support you are looking for on here and on the wider MFP site. Good luck with it! Keep posting!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Hi Karen! I hear you on the stress issue! This site has been so encouraging!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 101 Member
    Karen

I am 42, a mother of 3 kids (19,13,9) also. I have more than 15 pounds to lose. More like 30. I do find it harder to lose weight than it used to be. I know that I am not as active as I used to be. I will tell that joining this site has helpe me realize that I was eating more calories than I thought I was. It has taken me a while be I think I am getting the hang of eating less. Some days are easier than others. Send me a friend request if you would like. We can talk and compare and give advice to each other. Good luck on your journey.
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Hi Karen and welcome to the group. Since sleep is an important factor in losing weight (so I've heard) I was thinking it would be great to have somewhere to track how many hours of sleep I was getting each night (like we track water). I know there are many nights I don't get more than a few hours sleep and I pay for it with horrible eating. Just a thought.