do us brits not like talking to each other?

Options
as there has been the same old topics on this forum since forever!!

Replies

• darrenlees
    darrenlees Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think people just post on walls, or in the main forum.
    I asked a question on here yesterday and didn't get any results, where as i posted the same question in the main forum and got an instant reply.
  • green_king
    green_king Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realise this was here! :P
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    only if I have something to say;)
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    see, we’re all chatting now!!
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We are not as obsessive as the US contingent and there aren't as many of us? I read a lot of the forum but I don't post all that much. Some of the threads are a bit daft and you do wonder whether some people know anything at all about food and nutition.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhhh :laugh:

Think gidge hit the nail on the head there, we're just being British.
  • gidgeclev
    Options
    Absolutely, old bean!
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    i tried putting new posts on but noone ever replied so i stopped hahaha im here i always look on here first before the main boards as sometimes they are not relevant to us
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I look in the group forum when I first come on everyday but because nothing is really going on, I head over to the main forums... I think there are more people over there, so the topics change quite quickly.

And I do agree with gidge too!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    yay, we can talk, i never stopped looking on this forum, i wasn't gonna give up on us. i find the topics on main forums just whizz by far to quickly, although the topic are more varied :-P
  • TransTina
    TransTina Posts: 82
    Options
    do wonder whether some people know anything at all about food and nutition.

They don't Gidge!
  • gidgeclev
    Options
    Perhaps we should start some extreme UK topics for discussion...... cricket, Morris dancing, changing the guard at Buckingham palace, the tradition of afternoon tea ( low cal version), Sunday roasts, pubs, Eisteddfords, Highland Games????
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should start some extreme UK topics for discussion...... cricket, Morris dancing, changing the guard at Buckingham palace, the tradition of afternoon tea ( low cal version), Sunday roasts, pubs, Eisteddfords, Highland Games????
    You mean along the lines of...

my husband has suddenly taken up Morris Dancing. Now he spends every waking moment sewing bells to his trousers and hitting sticks together. Should I divorce him and move to Wales taking the chinchillas with me?

or

I used to love taking afternoon tea, but want to know if there's a low-carb alternative to scones and non-dairy clotted cream to go with my sugar-free, organic strawberry jam? How thin should I slice my cucumber and do you have a bread-free substitute for the sandwiches?

:happy: :laugh: :wink:
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You mean along the lines of...

my husband has suddenly taken up Morris Dancing. Now he spends every waking moment sewing bells to his trousers and hitting sticks together. Should I divorce him and move to Wales taking the chinchillas with me?

or

I used to love taking afternoon tea, but want to know if there's a low-carb alternative to scones and non-dairy clotted cream to go with my sugar-free, organic strawberry jam? How thin should I slice my cucumber and do you have a bread-free substitute for the sandwiches?

[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^

LOL, great imagination Kyle x
  • gidgeclev
    Options
    I have to admit..... I was a Morris dancer( female) for 20 years, I'm now a Morris musician due to knackered knees. It's very good exercise if you don't succumb to the lure of the real ale!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Cotswold Olympics, Cheese rolling.... :)
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Aha we don't talk much coz we r trainin hard nuff said but do agree we should start few more topics
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Following on from a theme above, I'm in a skittles team, and quite regularly handle my friend Dave's balls. They were quite rough until recently, but another friend tended to them and they are now wonderfully smooth and shiny.

Do you think this is a healthy activity for a middle-aged, over-weight woman? :)
  • gidgeclev
    Options
    Not sure if you should be indulging..... how many calories does such an activity burn... and is it really suitable for a low carb regime?
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options

or

Following on from a theme above, I'm in a skittles team, and quite regularly handle my friend Dave's balls. They were quite rough until recently, but another friend tended to them and they are now wonderfully smooth and shiny.

Do you think this is a healthy activity for a middle-aged, over-weight woman? :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: