Hello!

Options
Hello! My name is Ellie. I am new to this group. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 22 and I am now 29. I have a beautiful daughter and a dashingly handsome husband. My current weight is 170lbs, but I would like to be 155lbs. I have lost a total of 10lbs since joining MFP 5 months ago. But I am at a current stand still....I have not lost a pound in over two months.

My frustration level is through the roof. I eat right and exercise consistently. My husband is a personal trainer and owns his own PT company. Despite numerous different exercises and foods, nothing has helped. There is NO reason I should still be carrying around belly fat I gained during pregnancy. (My daughter is almost three!) My husband is feeling guilty because he feels like he cant help me, but is able to help strangers all day long. I feel annoyed that it his clients drop weight like crazy, but I don't loose an ounce.. HELP.

I have had my thyroid checked and all is well. I am on no special diet, but I eat well. 1350 calories per day. No starchy foods, no soda or juices, high protein. There has to be something I am doing wrong.

Does anyone have any tips? What are you ladies doing to loose weight????

Replies

• webelievefamily
    Options
    Ellie,

Hi! I am new here too! I found out I had PCOS in November of 2006. I was 28 and I am now 34. In the summer of 2009, I started to excerise and eat right. I weighed 190. I lost 20 pounds that summer. Now, I am starting again. I have been able to maintain my weight at 170, but I felt like I couldn't lose anymore. This year, I started checking into PCOS and weight loss. What I found is that I have made the decision to stop eating carbs. I also decided to go low dairy. SInce February, I have lost 7 pounds. Plus, I am not eating any processed foods. I hope this will help you. Good luck with your weight loss!!! I wish you great success!!!