Week 2

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
So my week starts on Thursday because that is when I weigh at my school so I try to open a new topic every week. I lost 3 pounds this week making my total for the month so far 4 pounds. I should definitely hit my 8 pound goal this month! Have a great day and keep on moving!!

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Way to go, tknwatkins!

I started weighing in on Thursdays too, (mostly because of the tread you put together for us last month). I stepped on the scale and I am down 3 lbs this week as well!

I am trying not to concentrate on weight so much this month, but more on getting in the habits of doing the right things and hoping that the weight would come off. So far so good! We can do this!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow: Congratulations both of you.

I weigh myself every two weeks because I'm a slow loser and I get discouraged when I don't see any progress - so I won't weigh myself until next Thursday. But on my other two goals I've done 10,000 steps for three days in a row and I should get there today as well. I've also done 4 exercise classes so I'm ahead of schedule on that one.
  • hauer01
    Options
    That is great, debk3p2!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Way to go ladies....moving and losing!! That's what it's all about!! I was very excited to be #2 for my school in the biggest loser percentage this week. That has happened a couple of times and it motivates me to move a little more this week!! I do have some challenges ahead for the weekend, but I know I can do it!

I am proud of all of you and your commitment to health!!:happy:
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have just joined the group but I have lost 2 lbs! and I have worked out an hour and 30 minutes and I have also been keeping away from the Cokes!!

Congrats to those of you who lost weight/met your goals!!!! :)
  • melwilson6
    Options
    i'm loving this forum for keeping myself accountable and motivated. My official weigh in day for MFP is Friday...since starting this last friday I have lost 5 pounds....I actually started my diet on Monday almost two weeks ago....I will weigh in on Monday to get my official weight for the two weeks. Congratulations to you all for meeting those goals!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Congrats to you Melwilson!! I love the forum too...you get to really know and support each other! I will keep it going and we can have another challenge in the next month. Everyone be thinking about the challenge!! PRAY for me this weekend as I will be eating out a lot and won't be in my element. I have packed my healthy snacks, water and breakfast. I just don't feel the control and I'm not able to preplan and that makes me a wee bit anxious!!:ohwell:
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Thank You.....we eat out a lot on the weekends as well....last week was hard because it was our anniversary. We went to Applebees and I ate the weight watchers menu two days in a row and still lost weight and I was full when I left. The food is really good. Will pray for you because I know its hard.
  • hauer01
    Options
    Way to go Melwilson6! Great Job on the weight loss.

Good luck this week-end tknnwatkins. If you can, try to look up the resteraunts menu and nutritional value before you go (if it is available). I find that if I can plan for a big meal, then maybe I can work out a bit more during the day to burn off those excess calories before I even eat them. I wish you luck! You can do it!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating, not really bad, but definitily eating, not excercising as much as planned, have made up for all my walking but have not been doing core work or yoga and my can tell, I did however get a good workout last night, might again tonite as well, i have to watch myself because I get so distracted with life, I think Ive lost 3 pounds this week but doesnt really matter, I was up a bit and its not really fat but too much food in my organs
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    ok I did my weight in on Monday but I did weight myself today at the Dr. office and I am down 2.5 lbs this week and I have keep all my other goals, 3 workouts a week:) I hope I can make my 8 for the month but I do know that this big weight loss I have been seeing will slow down so I am trying to focas on just lossing.
    Everyone is doing great, way to go and keep it up.
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I have lost some this week and I have logged in everyday!! Tomorrow will be my rough day. I have started getting back into my exercising but have not completly met my goal there. I do know that tomorrow I will be running around in a gym full of wrestlers and getting plenty of exercise that way though.
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    Way to log in everyday That is the first step. Hope you get your exercise goal meet this week:) You can do it!!!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am so glad to be back, but I did have an AWESOME weekend!! I did my best in all of the places I went and was fortunate enough to ask everyone for nutritional charts when I did eat out. I made the best choices I could. Today I even passed on a homemade (hotel) Belgian waffle and opted for the oatmeal and yogurt. I did my best and that's all I can do. I will get back on the home track for lunch and will work hard this week to combat any damage I may have inadvertently done while I was gone.

On a different note, last night my husband, oldest son and myself went to the Grand Ole Opry. I have lived in middle Tennessee for 41 years and had never been. We had a GREAT time and will definitely do it again sometime. It was just a great break from the norm. If you are ever in TN and like country music, it is a must! We saw Brad Paisley, Charlie Daniels, Allison Krauss and Luke Bryan (who I must add is HOT! and can shake!!!) :love: Loads of fun!