Hey guys..

So how is everyone doing? the group has been so quiet!
I am just on maintance right now, as I recover from my hyst I had 2 days ago...
I am shooting for 40/30/30 diet... hoping to keep my cals around 1800.... AND shooting for 5000 steps a day for the rest of this week.
I hate just sitting around, but I know that if I let myself recover the right way, I will be able to get active much quicker!

SOOO, how is everyone????

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Hi all!
    I am new to the group. Just started with this plan 4 days ago. I have lost 3 pounds. I'm not sure what is considered low carb amounts (how many grams are allowed) and what he considers amounts for high carb days. Any ideas???
  • I don't know... when I follow it... I just eat the grain carb in the morning (typically oats) and then just veggie carbs and dairy carbs the rest of the day.... ON THE LOW DAYS...
    On high days, I just eat fruit in my AM and then veggies in the PM... with grain carbs (typically oats, brown rice, quinoa) for carbs in my meals....
    I hope that makes sense... I am not on plan now because I just had surgery a week ago and am just trying to maintain... HOWEVER, I have lost weight since last week....LOL!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Well good job on the weight loss! That's awesome since you are layed up from surgery. I am just confused about the amount of carbs and he doesn't really pin that down in the book. Like yesterday on a high carb day, I had 150 g of carbs. Today is a Low carb day and I have followed his recipes in the book and have racked up 75 g of carbs (I think, I'll have to look) already. 75 doesn't sound low to me. :ohwell:
  • Heya! I'm new to the group! I started the program a week ago and have lost 5lbs last week :D

As for amount of carbs, he goes over in the book how to make a complete meal and what is considered a "serving" of carbs, protein etc. For women, a piece of whole wheat bread would be a serving, or two corn tortillas, etc. He mainly goes by the "hand sized portions" on other things. A small potato, serving of brown rice (about a cups worth) etc. It was hard for me to figure out as well. Basically I just have the 2 corn tortillas, piece of wheat bread, a whole wheat tortilla wrap, etc.

He does say that even though green veggies do have carbs, they are a free food and to eat as much of those as you want and not to consider them your carbs, Carbs have to come in the form of whole wheat or grain breads, potato, sweet potato, corn tortilla, beans, root veggies, brown rice etc.

I'm still working on getting it figured out!
  • Also, remember that even on "low" days, we have a carb breakfast - mine is typically oatmeal mixed with cinnamon, almond milk and protien powder.
  • tehmagwi
    tehmagwi Posts: 3 Member
    I've been reading this book for the past few days and starting eating with the Carb Cycling yesterday. I've done low carb/keto before and actually had really good results but don't have it in me to do it again. I still have 40 more lbs to lose and hoping this way works. Everything he puts in his book makes a lot of sense. I hope in a week I can post a loss!