Fitness 30-day Challenge!

Options
This is the thread for the Fitness 30-day challenges. Come here for ideas on how to complete the challenge, talk to others doing the same challenge, and to record your progress.

March 12th - April 10th: 30 hours of exercise in 30 days

April 16th - May 15th: TBA

Replies

• Elkcan
    Elkcan Posts: 19
    Options
    I started today, and hope more of you are doing this as well :)

Today I did a 40-minute fitness DVD - "Crunch: Pilates Burn and Firm" and took my dog out for an extra 20-minute walk.

Feels great!
  • Elkcan
    Options
    Woohoo! Well, even though it seems like I'm the only one participating (or maybe I'm the only one that knows about this) I'll just keep tracking my workouts here anyways :)

Today I did 30-minutes of cardio work using a 10-Minute Solutions DVD called "Carb Killer" I did 10-minutes of "Slow and Steady Burn" (low jmpact aerobics), 10-minutes of "Carb Killer" (kickboxing) and 10-minutes of "Power Blast" (plyometrics). After that I did 30-minutes of Pilates ("Pick Your Level Pilates" DVD) and took my dog for a brisk 20-minute walk!

I just love the way I feel after a good workout like that <3
  • cute_leper
    cute_leper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are we posting each day we work out, including the days we don't?

I just came back from the gym where I did 30 minutes of elliptical and 15 of the stair stepper.

I've been sick the past week and this was the first day back, feeling so much better!
  • Elkcan
    Options
    Eh, you can do it however you want :)

Just whatever makes most sense to you!
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Insanity. Today was 38 minutes of pure cardio. I burned 380 calories and my HR avg. was 166.
  • adalychee
    adalychee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did an hour and a half on Wednesday and Friday of (primarily) weight-lifting at the gym. Three hours in six days - I'm falling behind! Today will be a nice, long day of hiking with gear though, so hopefully that'll be hard enough that I can count it. I'm pretty sore today after the weights yesterday, but I'm excited to be building muscle!
  • Elkcan
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Insanity. Today was 38 minutes of pure cardio. I burned 380 calories and my HR avg. was 166.

Oh, I'm jealous! I've been wanting to get Insanity but it's just so expensive!

As for me, I've been taking it easy for the last few days for finals at school and then I went away for the weekend with my boyfriend, so I've been doing some yoga, pilates, and walking just to keep up the habit.

I'm trying to build some workouts I can do with my sandbag starting tomorrow. Its kind of hard to find many exercises using the sandbag with only 20lbs in it!
  • adalychee
    adalychee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check Craigslist for Insanity - I live in a fairly remote place, but near my parents' house, there are daily posts of people selling it for $40-70. I don't know if that's in your price range, but it's a whole lot better!

I went on an awesome hike this weekend (and almost fell down a muddy mountain), 1.5 hours of weightlifting + an hour of biking on Monday, and 1.5 hours of weight lifting/cardio today.
  • cute_leper
    cute_leper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been doing bikram yoga the past couple of weeks. Holy moly, it's such a great workout! I've only been to four classes, but already I notice that I'm much more flexible. The down side is that I leave looking feeling and looking disgusting. I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life