Journey- Woah!

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
Just finished playing Journey- that was incredible... Any time someone says 'videogames aren't art' I point them to That Game Company....

What an amazing experience.. just WOW. Graphics, music... the type of multiplayer... just... Home freakin Run... Lost language now.. going to go.

Still. WOW.

Anyone else played it yet?

Replies

• MissJenova
    MissJenova Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm buying it today. I feel like I could just watch the trailers for this game and get lost in it. Thanks for the verification that it's awesome!!
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    Didn't realize it dropped already, I've been looking forward to it. Guess I've been in SWTOR a bit too much, huh? LOL!

Checking out my PS3 now...between this and ME3, there goes my weekend. :laugh:

EDIT: Just downloaded it, and installing as we speak. Yay!
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Didn't realize it dropped already, I've been looking forward to it. Guess I've been in SWTOR a bit too much, huh? LOL!

Woohooo! Yep- your weekend is GONE lol

:D Enjoy it you guys- I know I did!
  • StarGeezer
    Options

Woohooo! Yep- your weekend is GONE lol

:D Enjoy it you guys- I know I did!

Just played through the first two "levels"...

Mind. Blown. :ohwell:
  • gemiwing
    Options

Just played through the first two "levels"...

Mind. Blown. :ohwell:

See? SEEE?? SEEEEEE?!?!

I mean- really- amazing game. Glad you're liking it! Wait till the .. ooh can't talk about it. Don't want to ruin it for anyone :) Yes- very mind blowing!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    The reviewers all say the same thing...JUST PLAY IT! It's amazing! IGN and Gamespot both gave it 9.0/10, and G4 gave it a very solid 5/5. If ever a game so simple in concept had the ability to evoke emotions, it's this one!!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a Playstation 3
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Damn Journey is a great game. What a great expierence.

Just last night, I was trying to do some of the more advanced trophies (like remaining seated for 20 seconds to get teh bronze trophy) but every person that came by just never sat down or would be impatient and walked away... But then something crazy happened..

A mysterious white cloaked wanderer appeared and when I sat down to get the trophy, he did as well. Not only that, but from then on, he took me through the game, showing me where the other easter eggs were, the scarf power-ups and all the other ancient glyphs. Then we beat the game, and I never saw them again. It made the game that much more epic.. Now I need to find that white cloak, or find out how to do it lol. I wanna find out without looking online lol.

PSN: Wolfen1913

Thats my PSN ID if anyone plays journey and they see that name at teh credits, it was me!
  • gemiwing
    Options

Just last night, I was trying to do some of the more advanced trophies (like remaining seated for 20 seconds to get teh bronze trophy) but every person that came by just never sat down or would be impatient and walked away... But then something crazy happened..

A mysterious white cloaked wanderer appeared and when I sat down to get the trophy, he did as well. Not only that, but from then on, he took me through the game, showing me where the other easter eggs were, the scarf power-ups and all the other ancient glyphs. Then we beat the game, and I never saw them again. It made the game that much more epic.. Now I need to find that white cloak, or find out how to do it lol. I wanna find out without looking online lol.

Thats my PSN ID if anyone plays journey and they see that name at teh credits, it was me!

WOW! See- that's it.. you had a journey in Journey. Simply brilliant game.

I had a run-in with a very helpful person who showed me a few secret places too- it was amazing to speak without speaking. The subtle cues like the longer scarf, more decorated robe... I wonder how I could find them to thank them for showing me how to stay hidden in a certain level. Brought imaginings of hiding from Nazis and the like... hiding from the 'evils of mankind' which.. well.. that level was appropriately made.

I wonder if I would have stopped and sat with you? I don't know. I'm still digesting my play through. It's been a week or so right? lol I'm still kindof 'wowed out'. Overwhelmed I suppose?

Such an amazing game... I'm starting to think we need a new name for this kind of 'game'. Game isn't right for it... it's something more.

I'll keep an eye out for your name :D
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

WOW! See- that's it.. you had a journey in Journey. Simply brilliant game.

I had a run-in with a very helpful person who showed me a few secret places too- it was amazing to speak without speaking. The subtle cues like the longer scarf, more decorated robe... I wonder how I could find them to thank them for showing me how to stay hidden in a certain level. Brought imaginings of hiding from Nazis and the like... hiding from the 'evils of mankind' which.. well.. that level was appropriately made.

I wonder if I would have stopped and sat with you? I don't know. I'm still digesting my play through. It's been a week or so right? lol I'm still kindof 'wowed out'. Overwhelmed I suppose?

Such an amazing game... I'm starting to think we need a new name for this kind of 'game'. Game isn't right for it... it's something more.

I'll keep an eye out for your name :D

Haha no. "Game" doesnt give the right name to this. It really is a journey and an adventure all in one. Its great how you are not able to communicate, save for little noises that vary in loudness. Everything about the game is constructed like.. a survival expeirence where two people who dont understand eachother's language had to cross the desert and survive the frozen tundra, while being hunted. That scene in itself was amazing, I agree. The music felt a little downplayed, compared to Flower, which was brilliant in my opinon. But the story and adventure in Journey is so much more epic deep. The finale is one of the most grand that I have seen ever, and by far beats Flower's finale.

I think what is sticking with me (us?) is the very last scene and the pacing in which it is presented. Its very dramatic and feels so well written, that it is going to have to recieve more praise than what Spike TV's god-awful Video Game Awards could give it.

I am so close to the white cloak, I think -THINK- I figured out how to do it, just by exploring the hub area in the beggining. Soon, I will journey as a philosophic mentor rather than wanderer. I know for the past couple times I have played, when I see a white cloaked wanderer, I listen to them. I think that is the point of the white cloak, and why the visions are told by a white cloak.

I still havent quite understood the past of Journey, in the retelling of what happened. I will definately keep a lookout for your name in the credits too. Maybe we have crossed paths once before.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Journey changed two of my opinions:

1) $15 is too much for 1.5 hours of game.
    and
    2) I don't care if games are art or not, it's a silly argument.

Journey is a 1.5-hour $15 masterpiece.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Journey changed two of my opinions:

1) $15 is too much for 1.5 hours of game.
    and
    2) I don't care if games are art or not, it's a silly argument.

Journey is a 1.5-hour $15 masterpiece.

I agree on point one- already thought differently on point two lol
    If I hadn't played the other TGC games I would absolutely balk at paying fifteen bucks for a super-short game. So glad I went ahead and bought it. I compared it to a really good film or a circus- something that isn't that long but affects you for a long time after.

Just had a thought- we could call them Long-tail games, they stick with you for a while.